Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

42 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I think the Sox already have a good offer. Like someone else suggested, $230 million over 7 years still puts him over $32 million per season. And honestly might be better than a 10-year, $300 million deal. Yeah, the 10-year deal is safer, but the 7-year deal provides him a chance for another huge contract. 

I really believe the offers have been made, and for him he’s just deciding how much playing for the Yankees, his childhood team, is worth to him.

The whole key is to save your best for the final moments. Surely the agent welcomes that. 

15 minutes ago, Quin said:

Asking how someone, who went up and down the board claiming sources and trashing others for having their own, how their predictions are going really isn't an attack on their intelligence.

But if you'd like it to be considered as such, I can also take these into consideration.

Very WSI of you..

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lots of productive discussion going on here I see. 

If you guys had to make a $1k bet of Machado signing before or after Jan 31, where would you put your money? 

The slow off season has really destroyed the quality of discussion here in my opinion. I would bet he signs before Jan 31.

1 hour ago, TitoMB345 said:

Gregory Pratt, now that's a name I haven't thought of in a while!

Can't believe its him. Still remember meeting him and Slavko years ago and played baseball with them. Good times.

And Q when was the last time you owned a poster like this? GreenSox or Lillian? Good times too.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Can't believe its him. Still remember meeting him and Slavko years ago and played baseball with them. Good times.

And Q when was the last time you owned a poster like this? GreenSox or Lillian? Good times too.

I also met Gregory and a bunch of other guys playing softball, maybe a decade ago. Good times.

4 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

No makes it worse for us.

I disagree. Everyone seems to think that Machado to the Yankees is a lock. But it’s strange if he’s a lock, but continues to not sign with NY each day. 

And every day that he doesn’t sign with the Yankees means he’s considering the White Sox more and more.

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: All quiet. Is it too quiet?
18 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yup, I've been saying as much. Sox under the least amount of pressure to improve for 2019. They can sit and wait.

I just feel like if he was so set on signing with the Yankees, it would've happened already. Not to say that he wont sign with New York, I just dont think its as much of a sure thing as everyone thinks.

Just now, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I just feel like if he was so set on signing with the Yankees, it would've happened already. Not to say that he wont sign with New York, I just dont think its as much of a sure thing as everyone thinks.

The Yankees signing Tulo and Britton really moved the needle in my mind. They keep spending their money elsewhere. 

41 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The Yankees signing Tulo and Britton really moved the needle in my mind. They keep spending their money elsewhere. 

It makes me wonder if Machado knows what the Sox will do if he were to get signed. More moves must be coming if he gets signed. MLB free agency is going to be busy once one of or both of the whales sign.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres