Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

I'm trying soooooooooooo hard to not get my hopes up.

After months of doing the same, this past week has totally flipped me. Once the New Year turned everything I've heard regarding Machado/Sox/Yankees has been optimistic for Sox and negative for Yankees.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, raBBit said:

After months of doing the same, this past week has totally flipped me. Once the New Year turned everything I've heard regarding Machado/Sox/Yankees has been optimistic for Sox and negative for Yankees.

Where do you think the Phillies stand in all of this?  Rumor earlier today that they plan to up their offer to Manny this week.  We know that Manny apparently prefers Chicago to Philly, and I am sure playing with 3 of his closest friends helps the Sox as well.  But if the Phillies come in and offer like 8/$300M - he still probably signs there, right?  

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It's time to get your hopes up. We're going to see some more bad baseball in 2019 with or without Manny, this is the time to enjoy White Sox baseball. 😀

This is the fun part, for now.

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I generally have a positive outlook on most things, but I'll believe this when it happens. There is obviously some actual good info backing up what Rabbit says, unlike that Australian douche guy on twitter, but I won't get high or low based on any reports. Lots could still change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Where do you think the Phillies stand in all of this?  Rumor earlier today that they plan to up their offer to Manny this week.  We know that Manny apparently prefers Chicago to Philly, and I am sure playing with 3 of his closest friends helps the Sox as well.  But if the Phillies come in and offer like 8/$300M - he still probably signs there, right?  

Seems like this could just as easily be about Harper as it is Machado. Making it seem like they aren't solely focused on Harper for leverage sake.

One of these guys needs to sign soon please.

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's time to get your hopes up. We're going to see some more bad baseball in 2019 with or without Manny, this is the time to enjoy White Sox baseball. 😀

This is the fun part, for now.

The starting pitching will be extremely suspect but if they land Machado they might have the best lineup in the division. That is if Moncada improves and Eloy is what we hope he will be. a 3-4-5-6 of Machado, Abreu, Eloy and Yonder is pretty good. 

Edited by Sockin

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres