Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s going to be a lot more than that if Hahn fails to land Machado...of course, at that point, there will be pretty much nothing left to talk about until Jimenez’s debut.

There you go, by the way, 3 names.

-3 is lowering the mean/median/mode significantly.

Do you really consider yourself to be a White Sox fan?

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s going to be a lot more than that if Hahn fails to land Machado...of course, at that point, there will be pretty much nothing left to talk about until Jimenez’s debut.

You added in 3 names but you also added in 2 statistical terms that are irrelevant to the post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That’s only if Hahn takes a back seat to KW.  You throw Jimenez into an outfield of Robert and Harper, now we’re not only taking Goldschmidt, we’re talking Sale/Quintana reunion.  Course not as #1 & #2 because those spots will be filled by Cease/Kopech/Hansen.  

If the Cardinals sign Moustakas too, what do the cubs do?  Shift Bryant to RF, flip Heyward for prospects?

Won’t matter if we get Machado

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

That’s only if Hahn takes a back seat to KW.  You throw Jimenez into an outfield of Robert and Harper, now we’re not only taking Goldschmidt, we’re talking Sale/Quintana reunion.  Course not as #1 & #2 because those spots will be filled by Cease/Kopech/Hansen.  

If the Cardinals sign Moustakas too, what do the cubs do?  Shift Bryant to RF, flip Heyward for prospects?

Too many names, too long, didnt read.

At least I end my sentences with a period.  Maybe I should change and start writing like peavy44?

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I haven't been able to check the board as much as usual today. Have I missed anything?

I just received an e-mail from board moderators that any post with more than 5 names listed in one conversation will result in a 10 day ban because the attention span of Millennials today is just too short, so there’s that.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Nah he's a fan of the Kansas City Cardinals. White Sox are his third team. 

Sure, because every fan of those teams cares so much about the #6 team on the Pro Sports Misery Index that they make over 50,000 posts here and none on a Royals or Cardinals board.

Ban bet.  Find one post that I’ve ever made on one of those team’s boards or retract your insult, lol.

And my life would be SO much easier if I had been born to a family like that...where rooting for the Cardinals was in my blood.  If only my favorite uncle from Dubuque had liked the Cubs instead of the White Sox, I could even have been a Cubs’ yuppie.

In fact referring to your own nickname, I’ve probably read and watched Field of Dreams, Eight Men Out and been more often to the actual field in Dyersville than any poster on this board.   Back when we used to think John Cusack was more a Sox fan and not a poser, we even went to all the Chicago bars he used to frequent because of his connection through the movie.

Edited by caulfield12

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado - Sox rumored to be in a decent spot
19 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I've read this post 4 times and laughed harder each time.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sure, because every fan of those teams cares so much about the #6 team on the Pro Sports Misery Index that they make over 50,000 posts here and none on a Royals or Cardinals board.

Ban bet.  Find one post that I’ve ever made on one of those team’s boards or retract your insult, lol.

And my life would be SO much easier if I had been born to a family like that...where rooting for the Cardinals was in my blood.  If only my favorite uncle from Dubuque had liked the Cubs instead of the White Sox, I could even have been a Cubs’ yuppie.

Sorry but ban bets are for egos with small penises. 

You can still become a cubs yuppie. China laws allow it. 😛

Edited by BlackSox13

34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Wouldn’t affect the mode at all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Sorry but ban bets are for egos with small penises

You can still become a cubs yuppie. China laws allow it. 😛

If you really believe these, we could submit pictures to a moderator and let them judge. Loser gets banned for 10 days

1 minute ago, Roughneck said:

I've read this post 4 times and laughed harder each time.

I guess some people are easily amused these days.

When the president of the United States talks in the same way to thousands of people, jumping around from subject to subject it’s “unique” and “refreshing.”   For that matter, Ed Farmer could easily outdo Trump on a typical Sox broadcast, or Jason Benetti bringing up Fernando Rodney’s post-closing antics in a random Appalachian State football game where maybe 1/2 of 1% of the viewing audience has even heard of Fernando Rodney in the first place.

Yet I have somehow never managed to make as many grammatical mistakes as he makes in one month as I have made in over a decade.  

Managed to limit it to 4 names, too.

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Hi Dave, few questions:

-Did you run the Chicago marathon in 2017?

-Any idea on timeline of when this Machado signing will wrap up?

- Do you expect your source will get you the Machado signing before its public knowledge? Are you going to be able publicly announce on twitter if you do get some juicy info? or are you going to avoid it since your good friend Rick has said this stuff can mess with White Sox Business?

-Chances of you being the Chicago kicker version of Vince Papale at bears tryouts?

Yes, in record time.  5:25:36.  

No, but I hope soon.  This is driving me crazy.  I want to go for a run right now but don't want to not be by my computer if this drops while I'm on like mile 7 (not to brag)

Maybe.  I'm in a weird spot where I don't want to burn bridges, but it's kinda my "job" to report what I get.  I'll talk to higher ups with the sox about this when appropriate.  I'm not bothering them right now.  I'm letting them hammer this home.  

100%

Real talk, can someone please help me with the push notifications?  I turned them off on the site but they're also on my computer and every time someone replies I'm getting a notification

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hot FiRe said:

If you really believe these, we could submit pictures to a moderator and let them judge. Loser gets banned for 10 days

So... someone says ban bets are for small dicks, and you want to make a ban bet over who has the biggest dick? And I imagine that would be beyond the duties of unpaid moderators.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I guess some people are easily amused these days.

When the president of the United States talks in the same way to thousands of people, jumping around from subject to subject it’s “unique” and “refreshing.”   For that matter, Ed Farmer could easily outdo Trump on a typical Sox broadcast, or Jason Benetti bringing up Fernando Rodney’s post-closing antics in a random Appalachian State football game where maybe 1/2 of 1% of the viewing audience has even heard of Fernando Rodney in the first place.

Yet I have somehow never managed to make as many grammatical mistakes as he makes in one month as I have made in over a decade.  

Managed to limit it to 4 names, too.

If I wanted to read politics, I'd go to a political website. That shit invades enough of our lives; can we have just one place where we can talk about a damn sport and not that crap? Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres