Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

48 minutes ago, bmags said:

Did anyone actually say it was happening today?

Let’s try this again. A Twitter source from another thread or earlier in this thread, had a timeline for a decision. Based on what was written, a decision was supposed to be made by 1/9. Whether or not we want to believe that is up to us. 

THIS 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

A solid Yankees insider, https://twitter.com/SimonettiSource, is doing a Q&A this morning.  He seems pretty damn confident the Yankees are getting Manny.  Quite a few tweets to read, but here are a few:

He’s being saying this kind of stuff for weeks now. Who even is this guy besides a video blogger?

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Simonetti?  He came out and “confirmed” the Dan Clark report a few weeks ago.  He’s somewhat changed his position, so maybe he finally fessed up he jumped the gun?

No I’m talking about jimmy, didn’t he say last night it was just a feeling he had? Like no new info just a feeling

• Like 1

Just now, beckham15 said:

No I’m talking about jimmy, didn’t he say last night it was just a feeling he had? Like no new info just a feeling

And that people he knows who do have inside sources are very confident - could just be Bucket, WSD, Rabbit, etc., - or maybe he has heard more. 

10 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't have any sources. People that do are confident however. Hoping for resolution by this weekend is merely wishful thinking on my part. I think the Sox are in really good shape due to a softer than anticipated market. Pay attention to raBBit and the resident board insider here that keeps dropping good clues. Like the rest of you, I'm anxiously awaiting word. I feel pretty good though. 

This guys....

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yes, Jimmy said that, but he also made it clear he’s been talking to people with sources.  I think there is some real smoke behind what he said.

We had Bucket,Rabbit and Jimmy say things are real good between Sox and Machado but we should believe this Simonetti dude who hasn't really proven to be tuned into the Yanks/Machado stuff?

Not saying the guy doesn't have a Yanks source but off those tweets Fathom posted it seemed like it was his opinion based on wishful thinking and that supposed ESPN guy making the Machado claim that I've yet to actually see or hear.

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Like 1

Yeah I don’t believe Dan Clark is doing anything but trolling on twitter, how long do you have to go till we can say his “early” January prediction was wrong. This simonetti guy idk what to believe so I’m going to stick with believing our folks for now and see what happens 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres