Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

We had Bucket,Rabbit and Jimmy say things are real good between Sox and Machado but we should believe this Simonetti dude who hasn't really proven to be tuned into the Yanks/Machado stuff?

Not saying the guy doesn't have a Yanks source but off those tweets Fathom posted it seemed like it was his opinion based on wishful thinking and that supposed ESPN guy making the Machado claim that I've yet to actually see or hear.

Zero reason to believe Simonetti IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, beckham15 said:

Yeah I don’t believe Dan Clark is doing anything but trolling on twitter, how long do you have to go till we can say his “early” January prediction was wrong. This simonetti guy idk what to believe so I’m going to stick with believing our folks for now and see what happens 

which is fine, I hope they're both very wrong.  I shared it more cause I've been sharing his stuff throughout the process.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I've bee in this 'Machado is going to sign with the Sox' news bubble for a couple of days now,

I'd prefer not to step outside and face the scary reality.😡

If he doesn’t sign with the Whitesox I think the majority of this board is going to need a safe space and therapy animal of some kind 

10 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

If he doesn’t sign with the Whitesox I think the majority of this board is going to need a safe space and therapy animal of some kind 

Go hard after harper  a deal he can turn down.

Edited by peavy44

3 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I’m sure it will be at 100 by lunch time today 

Wetbutt leaked the Quintana trade the night before and it officially broke around 10:00am or so that next day IIRC.  HidingInYourMomsRoom claimed last night a deal should be announced today.  If you don’t believe in coincidences, this could be announced before lunch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wetbutt leaked the Quintana trade the night before and it officially broke around 10:00am or so that next day IIRC.  HidingInYourMomsRoom claimed last night a deal should be announced today.  If you don’t believe in coincidences, this could be announced before lunch.

The Sale trade leaked the night before as well, including nailing Basabes inclusion.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

A solid Yankees insider, https://twitter.com/SimonettiSource, is doing a Q&A this morning.  He seems pretty damn confident the Yankees are getting Manny.  Quite a few tweets to read, but here are a few:

This is two tweets in response to an original tweet:

Then the quoted tweet came from Simentte Source saying his info about Manny is spot on but not about Andjular. So the fact that Yankee Source believes if it was about Money Manny would have already signed elsewhere already?? It would be the opposite, if it wasn’t about money he would have already signed with NYY.

He may still end up as a Yankee but clearly he is holding out for money... Plus Yankee Source stated he hasn’t signed yet. What positive momentum has trended towards the Yankee side lately? That his wife would prefer Ny?

Now who knows how much the Sox moves of Jay, Alonso, and to a lesser degree the other signings, helps until after he signs. It’s either desperation, tactful acquisitions to appease Mannys camp to lessen the fact he will have to sustain a year or two a rebuild, and to surround him with family and friends on and off the field during the these years?

As much beef as Hahn receives here sometimes he’s a smart dude. He is very tactful in his negotiations and ways. He always has a reason for an acquisition that fits into the bigger picture. He has stated we aren’t just going to sign FA as stop gaps just to spend money or takes positions away for players to develop. That makes Jay and Alonso more than cannon fodder for 19. He has also stated multiple times over the last two years the money for talent will be there and that the FO is prepared to part with old or customary spending habits if they wanted a chance to compete with big name FA in the future. 

All of this leads me to believe Hahn has a plan and these moves make me think he is confident Manny is signing. Otherwise why put your nuts on the line so if he doesn’t land MM but signed and traded for these guys he would be laughed at in the media and around the league just cause of the desperation of the moves themselves and allowing yourself to be burned. Even if he really wanted to sign and trade for Alonso and Jay for purposes beyond manny, he would have to know the perception it portrays to fans and media regardless of his intentions.

It makes me confident Hahn knows what he is doing and confident about the Manny situation. And again why hasn’t he spoken to the media since the Herrera signing. And why haven’t the Sox have not made the Jay signing official yet? The media has details of the contact but no acknowledgement yet? I know it’s pending a physical and Jay could be on vacation or something. 

Just seems to be a lot of smoke out there to me. But I could be completely wrong, who knows anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Still trying to figure that one out myself

Sometimes issue is when you paste in link you bring in additional formatting that blocks the embed.

When there is extra formatting, a black bar appears at bottom of field after you paste asking if you want to paste as plain text, click that and the embed will appear.

The notion has been posited that the Sox may be waiting to have a press conference, with 3, or more of the acquisitions, particularly the "Tres Amigos". One would have to think that SoxFest would figure into the equation, as well. If such a plan exists, when would the optimum time be, to announce a Machado deal and hold a joint press conference?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres