Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, fathom said:

Our Chuck was on 670 an hour ago. Said he has a real good feeling that Manny will sign with the Sox if the Phillies don’t go crazy with money. He also said that he believes Manny would have no problem playing 3rd base.

good old our chuck i think he our best white sox reporter right now behind the former reporter  dan hayes

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Our Chuck was on 670 an hour ago. Said he has a real good feeling that Manny will sign with the Sox if the Phillies don’t go crazy with money. He also said that he believes Manny would have no problem playing 3rd base.

Ok, but that's kind of been the thought for a while, that the Sox would have the best offer UNLESS they don't (Phillies). Not exactly insider info.

11 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

do you think eloy number will be over or under he been hitting in the minors?

6 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

when i mean his number i meann his rbi, homeruns and stuff

2 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

good old our chuck i think he our best white sox reporter right now behind the former reporter  dan hayes

Possible that this is the burner account of "he who shall not be named"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Gives me chills back to the Joe Cowley/ Jay Mariotti days.

You know, part of me kind of misses Cowley in a hate-read kind of way. When I need a smile, I fire up the YouTube machine and watch the video of AJP throwing him out on the basepaths after Cowley continued to say anyone could beat his throw to 2B.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Well that seems more negative than what we got yesterday.

Yep. Seems like the Sox have what is clearly a better offer and Machado *really* wants to play for the Yankees so he's giving them a last chance to get within the zip code of the Sox' offer. The only way that could possibly be positive is if the Sox' offer is something like $100 million above the Yankees' and there's no realistic way of them jumping up that much.

2 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Yep. Seems like the Sox have what is clearly a better offer and Machado *really* wants to play for the Yankees so he's giving them a last chance to get within the zip code of the Sox' offer. The only way that could possibly be positive is if the Sox' offer is something like $100 million above the Yankees' and there's no realistic way of them jumping up that much.

Throwing numbers out there like this is rough.  You never really know what Machado's dollar want is, versus how much he really wants to play for NYY.  It could be no amount would keep him from NYC, or he could be holding out for a record number. 

Honestly I don't even know that Machado knows an exact number or difference that would magically compel him to NYC or the Sox.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres