Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Throwing numbers out there like this is rough.  You never really know what Machado's dollar want is, versus how much he really wants to play for NYY.  It could be no amount would keep him from NYC, or he could be holding out for a record number. 

Honestly I don't even know that Machado knows an exact number or difference that would magically compel him to NYC or the Sox.

No chance. It may be an ureasonable amount, but there is an amount.

2 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

My guess before this week was that a decision would come this week, and I'm sticking by that 100%. Thought it would be today but it seems to be looking less and less likely

I feel like by Friday we might have a decision either way on Machado

Again, all signs point to that this process is getting to be near the end game.  I know nothing concrete, but it wouldn't shock me if this was down to NYY and Sox and they were trying to decide between two offers, or even running back to the Yankees to say "can you beat this?"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

You know, part of me kind of misses Cowley in a hate-read kind of way. When I need a smile, I fire up the YouTube machine and watch the video of AJP throwing him out on the basepaths after Cowley continued to say anyone could beat his throw to 2B.

I never knew that existed until this post. 

Lol Cowley... what an asshat. 

9 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Bleacher Report basically running the same info as the SNY tweet.

If Manny Machado gets less total than Robinson Cano did several years ago when he was what, 5 years older, and the White Sox let him go anywhere else, god I don't know what I'd do. 

Hey Everyone. Long-Time Sox fan from Louisiana here. Just found and joined this board.  I have read all 102 pages of this and I am glad that a lot of you feel the same way about the Sox as I do.  I look forward to us signing Manny and possibly adding a few more parts to the team.  The future is bright for the Sox!! 

Glad to be here and can't wait to be part of more conversations.

Geaux Pale Hose!!

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, all signs point to that this process is getting to be near the end game.  I know nothing concrete, but it wouldn't shock me if this was down to NYY and Sox and they were trying to decide between two offers, or even running back to the Yankees to say "can you beat this?"

If the Yankees really want Machado, that is where he will end up signing. I'm not sure they want to tie up that much long term flexibility into Manny though?

Just now, Gr8Scott said:

Hey Everyone. Long-Time Sox fan from Louisiana here. Just found and joined this board.  I have read all 102 pages of this and I am glad that a lot of you feel the same way about the Sox as I do.  I look forward to us signing Manny and possibly adding a few more parts to the team.  The future is bright for the Sox!! 

Geaux Pale Hose!!

Welcome!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gr8Scott said:

Geaux Pale Hose!!

Welcome!! Want to be friends?

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

As it should be in this spot. He may only have one shot at a massive contract, take the money. 

They may try, but teams are not going to bid against themselves at this point. 

Machado's camps may want $300 million, but I don't see it happening

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres