Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

While I’ll be disappointed if the Sox don’t sign one of Harper/Machado, I’m not going to be upset as it appears the Sox have done everything that they could have done to land one of these guys, it’s all that we can ask of the org because the players have to make the final decision. 

Also, MLB Network is opening up MLB Tonight with an update from Levine. 

Just now, Joshua Strong said:

While I’ll be disappointed if the Sox don’t sign one of Harper/Machado, I’m not going to be upset as it appears the Sox have done everything that they could have done to land one of these guys, it’s all that we can ask of the org because the players have to make the final decision. 

If it's between Phillies and Sox now, the only thing they can lose out on is money.  They don't have to deal with the "preferred team", and they should have some advantage with his buddies on the roster.  They've come this far, it's not the time to let money get in the way.

• Like 1

Just now, Joshua Strong said:

Unless its announced they didn't offer the most. Then they have no one to blame but themselves. 

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:

I agree with all of this^

KW and Hahn would face an angry mob all season if they come up short on both players. They have put all of their chips in on nabbing a whale, and not delivering would crush a suffering fanbase. We do not need to be competitive in 2019, or even 2020 for that matter, but there better damn be significant hope for the future coming from outside the organization. 

Conversely,  are the cheered and revered if they do sign one?

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, all signs point to that this process is getting to be near the end game.  I know nothing concrete, but it wouldn't shock me if this was down to NYY and Sox and they were trying to decide between two offers, or even running back to the Yankees to say "can you beat this?"

I was really close.

Though I will say, I won't count the Yankees out until the ink dries on the contract.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres