Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

7 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Got to hit 6k replies so not close yet.

So we have to double our output! Someone get Peavy44 in here!

I assume the '05 WS Winner thread is the longest ever then?

I'll be here all night F'5ing into the morning. It feels good to be hooked on baseball again.

Edited by TitoMB345

Just now, Dam8610 said:

No, because they are not this thread. I thought the point was to not let the thread get that long.

If that’s the case, then the 6,000 reply thread will always be the longest because anything that would surpass it (such as this saga) would get chopped up into multiple threads

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If that’s the case, then the 6,000 reply thread will always be the longest because anything that would surpass it (such as this saga) would get chopped up into multiple threads

True. But I thought the mods were doing that intentionally to avoid the "megathread".

6 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I love Richard Justice. That gave me goosebumps. 

Maybe we need to carpetbomb Comcast/Universal front office execs with that one...in all seriousness, they have just as much to gain from one of the two whales signing as anyone (other than Reinsdorf/shareholders).

By the way, Grandal to the Brewers really puts the pressure on the Cubs to respond somehow...guess we'll hear a lot more Harper/Heyward rumors in the coming days.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Did Roeper follow up on his tweet?

At this point, might as well make a mini-documentary for MLB Network of the high's and low's of this process for the fans of all the teams involved, especially the White Sox and Phillies.

I'd love for someone to interview Hahn/KW/Reinsdorf after the process is over and have them go in depth on what was going on each week, how often they were actually talking to the players/agents, etc. but I know it's unlikely

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres