Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

any chance the Yankees are waiting for the Sox and Phillies to make their final bids and then swoop in at the last minute?

I'm just not buying they cant afford Machado

They can obviously afford him, it's just the issue if they actually want him.  Not saying yay or nay on that as I have no idea and I'm certainly not counting anyone out until he signs somewhere but there's rumors that they've been split on him the whole time.  Once again, no idea if that's true or not but that'd be the reason they're eliminated.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

any chance the Yankees are waiting for the Sox and Phillies to make their final bids and then swoop in at the last minute?

Of course they can afford him. But the question is, would he be the best use of those resources?

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This process will make me hate both players if the White Sox get shutout. If they get one fine, but if zero, they wasted too much of my time.

Agreed. It’ll be like winning the blackout game to get swept in the first round. Two months of anticipation, creating with a ton of excitement at the one yard line, only to result in crushing, anti-climactic disappointment. 

Edited by Eminor3rd

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

I don't know if it's can't afford it. I think it's not wanting to have $55 million tied up in two players when you really only have a short term crunch in the position. Had they not acquired stanton I don't think it's a question they get one of em.

7 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

From my experience, White Sox moves rarely come with any smoke. They come out of the blue and then BAM fire baby.

I have no idea what to expect here, but I've started daydreaming about Manny being in the middle of our lineup the next 5+ years and I'm excited.

The out of the blue fire is boom we get both!!! 

Go Crazy!!!!!

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

They can afford Machado, they just don't want to pay luxury tax and recognize the value of what they have in Andujar.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres