Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If he is signing before next week chances are it will be announced some time today or early tomorrow.  People generally don't pay much attention to the news late Friday through the weekend.

I said this earlier, but I really feel like the Sox need to get this done before the weekend. The longer it drags on, the more I feel like things go sideways. 

I think we all need to pay closer attention to this Bret Moccia fellow on Twitter.  He’s just had too many “good calls” to ignore.  And he says Manny to ChiSox and Harper to Dodgers (already done...just awaiting Manny deal finality to ensure he gets more than him, would assume AAV because Harper will be 10 year, $310MM+)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, heirdog said:

I think we all need to pay closer attention to this Bret Moccia fellow on Twitter.  He’s just had too many “good calls” to ignore.  And he says Manny to ChiSox and Harper to Dodgers (already done...just awaiting Manny deal finality to ensure he gets more than him, would assume AAV because Harper will be 10 year, $310MM+)

I refuse to bite on any rumor that says "already done, just waiting for x" unless it's a physical

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

They're not going to wait until Soxfest to announce something.

I don't think that's what he meant

Just now, shipps said:

Richard Roeper got caught buying like a million twitter followers not too long ago. Not the most credible person there is. 

Didn't know that. When he tweeted yesterday, it seemed like most of the board/Twitter thought he was plugged in 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I don't think that's what he meant

Didn't know that. When he tweeted yesterday, it seemed like most of the board/Twitter thought he was plugged in 

He did write the book and is employed by the station as he said so he knows the principal people involved. 

Just now, ptatc said:

He did write the book and is employed by the station as he said so he knows the principal people involved. 

Yeah, highly doubt he's trolling, but I highly doubt he knows anything official.  I'm sure he's heard they're going after the big guys like we all have.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres