Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Hes a legend for sure though. 

Yeah somewhere between the end of the WS in 05 and ST 06 his arm fell off. His last fastball thrown in the 05 WS was 94 mph. Then he came out of ST in 06 throwing 85-86. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

I would not be so sure about that. The Sox are still very much in on Harper.

Chances for Harper are considerably lower than for Machado I would say. Sox are still monitoring Harper's market, but I would not expect them to meet absurd contract demands Boras will have.

The Harper/Philly stuff is legitimately scaring me now. If the Phillies think they have a good shot at Bryce and they hired Manny's mentor yesterday it says to me they want both. I hope waiting this out with a low to mid 200s offer doesn't come back to bite them in the ass. 

Edited by Sockin

4 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

I would not be so sure about that. The Sox are still very much in on Harper.

I hope that is correct but everything that we have heard from the big gun reporters is that the Sox are very much a long shot with Harper. Even not as interested in him as they are MM. Heyman barely included the Sox in the conversation for Harper this morning on Mully and Haugh. It could all be inaccurate though so we shall see. 

Anyone else think the Sox are focusing more on Machado over Harper because they know Boras will wait till Machado signs before he lets Harper sign?  I think if we sign Machado, we'll still test the market on Bryce, but our decision makers know that Harper is essentially "locked" till Machado signs because of Boras' games.  That's why we aren't hearing as much about the Sox interest in Harper--or at least without mentioning our interest in Machado.  

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Any clue how Harper feels about the Sox compared to how he feels about Philadelphia? (assuming the money is equal)

I can't comment on other teams but I know the Sox and Harper have been in contact frequently. Manny will probably come to an agreement 1st with a team but don't think for a second that Sox are out for Harper.

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres