Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Do you not remember the KW/Ozzie drama? How quickly we all forget. 

Ozzie is a complete scumbag, who not only quit on his own team but allowed his spoiled little shithole kids to rip the organization and betray the sanctity of the locker room.  Outside of some terrible nepotism, KW has never done something as bad as GarPax.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They pretty much are though if you think about it. The Sox are the Bulls if there were another, more popular NBA team in town, that actually won games. The Sox FO is not quite as bad as the Bulls, but it is close. Just like GarPax should have been fired when they failed, Hahn and KW should have been fired in 2016. Both have been around for the better part of this century. (KW has been at least the GM since 2000, Paxon since 2003.) KW/Hahn=GarPax and you can't convince me otherwise. Hahn has been asst. GM since before the Sox won the WS. 

Both pairs of FO members should have been fired years ago, but I digress. 

I understand this, I just disagree.  Hahn is a hell of a lot easier to root for than those scumfucks running the Bulls.  There's no redeeming quality with GarPax.  At least KW/Hahn got to the top of the mountain too, there's gotta be a few brownie points there to put them over GarPax.

Edited by bschmaranz
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ozzie is a complete scumbag, who not only quit on his own team but allowed his spoiled little shithole kids to rip the organization and betray the sanctity of the locker room.  Outside of some terrible nepotism, KW has never done something as bad as GarPax.

All other things aside, I believe KW/Hahn and GarPax are equally bad at their jobs.

Just like GarPax squandered Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler, KW and Hahn squandered Sale/Quintana/Abreu.

I could at the very least give GarPax a bit of a pass because Rose got injured. Nobody got injured with the Sox. They were just bad. Also, while the jury is still out on Madrigal, the Fulmer/Collins/Burdi/Burger picks look questionable at best, and that is being kind about it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Wow a day of no news and this thread goes bi polar and automatically thinks the Sox aren’t in a good position. Nothing and I mean nothing has come from this past week that has been negative from the press about the whitesox chances. In fact we got great news about the Yankees probably being out with the Le Mahieu signing. In my opinion we are in the drivers seat for now. Calm down folks, have faith good things will come.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Wow a day of no news and this thread goes bi polar and automatically thinks the Sox aren’t in a good position. Nothing and I mean nothing has come from this past week that has been negative from the press about the whitesox chances. In fact we got great news about the Yankees probably being out with the Le Mahieu signing. In my opinion we are in the drivers seat for now. Calm down folks, have faith good things will come.

I guess what my thoughts are, is that there have been reports that he was going to sign in the last week. People in the known kept hinting at that. But he isn't signing. That makes me wonder if he just doesn't want to be here? Why can he not make a decision over these last 2 months?

3 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I guess what my thoughts are, is that there have been reports that he was going to sign in the last week. People in the known kept hinting at that. But he isn't signing. That makes me wonder if he just doesn't want to be here? Why can he not make a decision over these last 2 months?

It’s going to affect the next 8-10 years of his life, waiting two months to get every last penny and the exact situation he wants is nothing is the grand scheme of things. We are talking about 2 generational talents here, uncharted territory for whitesox fans I know but even JD Martinez did not sign until spring training started last year.

1 hour ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Phillies.

Both have said they’re not interested in Philly as a city, why would they hold out for Phillies as if they’re the more preferred destination? If Manny’s holding out, he’s waiting for Sox to blink and raise the offer to meet his numbers and his name would be signed on the dotted line.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

It’s going to affect the next 8-10 years of his life, waiting two months to get every last penny and the exact situation he wants is nothing is the grand scheme of things. We are talking about 2 generational talents here, uncharted territory for whitesox fans I know but even JD Martinez did not sign until spring training started last year.

You hit on what I was thinking. That he just doesn't have the situation he wants here. He probably wants the yankees, but they aren't offering the cash. The teams that are offering the cash probably aren't his ideal landing spots. Thus everyone waits.

26 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

All other things aside, I believe KW/Hahn and GarPax are equally bad at their jobs.

Just like GarPax squandered Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler, KW and Hahn squandered Sale/Quintana/Abreu.

I could at the very least give GarPax a bit of a pass because Rose got injured. Nobody got injured with the Sox. They were just bad. Also, while the jury is still out on Madrigal, the Fulmer/Collins/Burdi/Burger picks look questionable at best, and that is being kind about it. 

Bosh/James/Wade were never going to come to Chicago and Rose ended up having shit for knees & we're now seeing that Butler is nutcase.

I wouldn't put Quintana and Abreu in the same category as the other guys. Quintana is no better than a #3 and Abreu is a good, not great, player.

I think GarPax is significantly worse than RickW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sarava said:

You hit on what I was thinking. That he just doesn't have the situation he wants here. He probably wants the yankees, but they aren't offering the cash. The teams that are offering the cash probably aren't his ideal landing spots. Thus everyone waits.

It’s $ right now man, if he was going to the Yankees it would have happened already, a game of chicken at the moment, be patient, I don’t think anyone is just dieing to play for the Chicago Whitesox, get the money to where it needs to be and he signs

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
32 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

100% agree.  The Yankees exiting the Machado sweepstakes has greatly improved our chances of landing one of these guys.  We should all be in positive moods right now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Bosh/James/Wade were never going to come to Chicago and Rose ended up having shit for knees & we're now seeing that Butler is nutcase.

I wouldn't put Quintana and Abreu in the same category as the other guys. Quintana is no better than a #3 and Abreu is a good, not great, player.

I think GarPax is significantly worse than RickW.

Quintana, when he was with the Sox, had seasons that were arguably as good or better than Sale. He didn't have the gaudy K numbers that Sale did, but he was striking out 175-190 hitters/season, which is still really good. I'd agree with you about Abreu. 

Quintana's 2015-16 was arguably better than Sale's 2015-16. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Quintana, when he was with the Sox, had seasons that were arguably as good or better than Sale. He didn't have the gaudy K numbers that Sale did, but he was striking out 175-190 hitters/season, which is still really good. I'd agree with you about Abreu. 

Definitely not better. At times, as good.

9 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Definitely not better. At times, as good.

Actually, you're right. I thought Sale had worse seasons in 2015-16 than he actually did. 

But during his time with the Sox, Quintana was every bit of a #2. I honestly don't know what happened to him in 2017 but he hasn't been the same guy since. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres