Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

That "Good core" of 3-4 players put up less WAR than the top 2 players on the Angels every single year it was here. 

That "Good core" of 3-4 players together each year put up less WAR than the left side of Cleveland's infield each of the last 2 years.  And that's without the F***ing cy young caliber pitchers. THAT's a good core. 

It was an OK core, not deserving of substantial praise. If that's your core, you're a mid-70s win team.

Only if you’re using the inferior WAR stats. Lindor/Ramirez was only 12.4 in 2017 and 15.6 in 2018. The core of Sale/Q/Eaton/Abreu was 17.3 in 2016. 

3 minutes ago, FT35 said:

I know they have been quiet, but I think the Dodgers are the “mystery team” as the outsiders to resign Machado or sign Harper.  I think their trade was a big sign they are up to something.  Seager will be back, but I still wouldn’t rule Dodgers/Yankees out.  Too big...too strong.  

They are just going to dump Turner?  He's the heart and soul of that team, in many ways.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

About the same time, I'd say the Butler trade was a good move, I'm not sure Hahn has made one since trading Quintana. The rest are all meh. 

Is it? Have you seen Markkanen this year? They traded away a first round pick in the process. It’s a move they had to make, but consensus at the time was they sold low on Butler. A year and a half later, that’s still looking to be the case. And besides this move, you’d be hard pressed to find anything that resembles a good move by Gar. Not only that, he has also made a bunch of terrible moves in between. Hahn has made a few great move at start of the rebuild, and recent moves has been at least meh to decent. But it’s not even close if you compare him to Gar.

5 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Is it? Have you seen Markkanen this year? They traded away a first round pick in the process. It’s a move they had to make, but consensus at the time was they sold low on Butler. A year and a half later, that’s still looking to be the case. And besides this move, you’d be hard pressed to find anything that resembles a good move by Gar. Not only that, he has also made a bunch of terrible moves in between. Hahn has made a few great move at start of the rebuild, and recent moves has been at least meh to decent. But it’s not even close if you compare him to Gar.

Well until Moncada shows more and Kopech gets healthy, you could say that Hahn basically gave away Sale, and the Eaton trade doesn't look all that good either. 

I still believe in the talent of all of those guys, though. God forbid Eloy gets called up and starts 3-45 or something horrendous like that. 

It would be so White Sox to only get MLB players out of the 60-100 range guys at the time of their MLB debuts, and Kopech and Cease turn into relievers, and Moncada/Jimenez/Robert turn into average players or busts. 

If the best players at their peak from these trades are 3-4 WAR guys, then they're doomed. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/best-and-worst-moves-of-the-garpax-era-gallery/

Lmao you guys are terrible.

I think Hahn is a smart guy. I think he understands development and scouting were an issue with this org. I feel his hands seem tied at times. I think KW still thinks he's the gm. I might be biased cause I think Kenny is an arrogant baffon who's cashed in mightly on 05. And to this day I really believe hawk pushed the AJ signing.  Any other org he probably would be gone. I think there's a few people in the org who's time has come and its time to move on. Coop being one. How long did it take for Baines to move? Yes you love him and love what he did for the franchise but he seemed to be a deadbeat in the dugout. 

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Say what you will about Hoiberg but I think he was good at helping develop the players, there were stories about him staying with players after practice and helping them refine their shots and what not. 

It seems like some of the Bulls young players are stuck in neutral under Boylen, in regards to their development. 

Markkenan and Lavine can’t shoot threes?

Markkenan isn’t a prime option on offense? There was a game where he only got off six shots.

Wendell Carter Jr. is getting pulled after 13 minutes?

Kris Dunn can’t push the tempo?

The Bulls are a joke, everybody needs to go.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Well until Moncada shows more and Kopech gets healthy, you could say that Hahn basically gave away Sale, and the Eaton trade doesn't look all that good either. 

Jury is still out, but at least at the time of the trade, media has Hahn fleecing the other team from the big 3 trades. I couldn’t remember the last time we had consensus Gar has won a trade that actually proved out to be true after. Besides the awful trades (like the McDermott or Cam Payne one), it’s also his inability to make the necessary moves that puts Gar at another level of incompetence.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Lmao you guys are terrible.

I think Hahn is a smart guy. I think he understands development and scouting were an issue with this org. I feel his hands seem tied at times. I think KW still thinks he's the gm. I might be biased cause I think Kenny is an arrogant baffon who's cashed in mightly on 05. And to this day I really believe hawk pushed the AJ signing.  Any other org he probably would be gone. I think there's a few people in the org who's time has come and its time to move on. Coop being one. How long did it take for Baines to move? Yes you love him and love what he did for the franchise but he seemed to be a deadbeat in the dugout. 

Buddy Bell was the worst.

Basically, this whole process is like Iowa or Iowa State recruiting against the powerhouses in the Big Ten and Big 12.

The main difference is we recruited two close friends and have the attractiveness of Chicago on our side, as Richard Justice superbly pointed out with his article on the 7 positive factors that favor the Sox.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I still believe in the talent of all of those guys, though. God forbid Eloy gets called up and starts 3-45 or something horrendous like that. 

It would be so White Sox to only get MLB players out of the 60-100 range guys at the time of their MLB debuts, and Kopech and Cease turn into relievers, and Moncada/Jimenez/Robert turn into average players or busts. 

If the best players at their peak from these trades are 3-4 WAR guys, then they're doomed. 

Responding to your edit. It was just this time last year we were debating whether the Sox or Braves had the best farm in MLB, ONE YEAR into rebuild! HOW SOON DID THE FANS FORGET? I know we had some injury bugs in 2018 and fans like to be impatient, but besides Fulmer, 2018 didn’t show us any of those prospects woudl be flops long term. No, not yet.

And here we are now already comparing Rick Hahn to Gar Fucking Forman’s level of incompetence, give me a fucking break.

And typical Parkman pooping everywhere and expecting the worst outcome of of everything. Why aren’t you posting in NFL thread how Trubisky was a bust 3 weeks into this season.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Wait, the Bulls sold low on Butler? Then what did Thibbs do?

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres