Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Did anyone else get an MLB app update about the Sox maybe being the favorites for Machado?  I’m sure it’s just regurgitating the Nightengale article, but I accidentally dismissed and would love to know what it said.

https://www.mlb.com/news/latest-manny-machado-rumors/c-285627736

Edited by smalls2598
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

I don’t have anything new.  Still a level of confidence.   Remember both Boras and Manny’s agent worked together at one time.   There are egos at play here and no one wants to blink first.  

I was gonna mention that. Lozano and boras don't like each other. Big egos...

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Everything adds up to right now the Sox being the favorite. Once again everything can change, but with the data we have, if you choose to believe it, the Sox should be in the driver seat. 

I’m honestly at about 75% right now in terms of odds he lands with the Sox. 

I would definitely agree with those odds.

1 minute ago, RudyLawRules said:

I couldn't figure that out. Lol. I went to reply to this thread with the Sullivan link and for some reason your post was stuck in the edit box. Sorry...but I tried to straight up reply with the link only but I couldn't. Weird.

Ah, ok. Was fairly confused, thanks for clarifying.

14 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yes we do. No time to waste.

Its better than the stupid class introductions. "Okay, lets go around and have everyone introduce themselves. Give your name, year, major, where you are from, where you interned last summer, and an interesting fact about yourself." 

"Hi, I'm GenericUserName. Senior business major from Chicago. I interned at Random Company No One Has Ever Heard Of LLC. My interesting fact is that as a socially anxious person this makes me want to die."

Seriously @ptatc, just don't make anything due this week. Let the students get their sylly week on. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Its better than the stupid class introductions. "Okay, lets go around and have everyone introduce themselves. Give your name, year, major, where you are from, where you interned last summer, and an interesting fact about yourself." 

"Hi, I'm GenericUserName. Senior business major from Chicago. I interned at Random Company No One Has Ever Heard Of LLC. My interesting fact is that as a socially anxious person this makes me want to die."

Seriously @ptatc, just don't make anything due this week. Let the students get their sylly week on. 

I hated that shit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

I dread this. Absolutely dread it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

I'm an amateur pilot. I haven't gone flying in years (unfortunately) and my license is therefore out-of-date (although that's a relatively easy fix when I finally get around to it), but it's an easy thing to spit out in those situations, and it tops "I've been with my girlfriend for three and a half months tomorrow".

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I'm an amateur pilot. I haven't gone flying in years (unfortunately) and my license is therefore out-of-date (although that's a relatively easy fix when I finally get around to it), but it's an easy thing to spit out in those situations, and it tops "I've been with my girlfriend for three and a half months tomorrow".

Nice thats cool. I wanted to be a pilot. I wanted to go to the air force. Wasn't smart enough I guess so I forgot about it. Love watching planes tho.

6 minutes ago, The Sir said:

My buddy (who is an extremely outgoing person) had a great/hilariously awful one: "I have a scar on my ass from getting bit by a dog." It was memorable and an interesting conversation starter and he was more than willing to show the scar off. 

Edited by GenericUserName
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Nice thats cool. I wanted to be a pilot. I wanted to go to the air force. Wasn't smart enough I guess so I forgot about it. Love watching planes tho.

I'm with you on that one (not joining the Chair Force, but plane spotting). I'm taking the fam to Ireland in a few months, and while that's awesome, I'm also insanely excited that the trans-Atlantic portion of the flight will be on a 747.

It will probably be way less cool when my one year old spends a good portion of that eight hour flight screaming and smacking me in the face.

Another goal of mine is to go Down Under, which will almost certainly mean flying on an A380. I've seen them but never flown on one.

5 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

My buddy (who is an extremely outgoing person) had a great/hilariously awful one: "I have a scar on my ass from getting bit by a dog." It was memorable and an interesting conversation starter and he was more than willing to show the scar off. 

That would definitely be a solid conversation starter. Better than asking someone if they have a green card. No joke, I did that once.

I lived in a southern border town, and at a bar one night, my friend introduced me to these girls and mentioned they were from the Mexican city on the other side of the river. I wasn't trying to be rude, racist, or drive some political agenda; I just thought it was an interesting topic and I was curious how long-term movement between the two cities worked. So I asked if they had green cards or what. Apparently, that's super offensive.

I'm probably on some sort of spectrum. Doesn't ruin my social life; just makes basic etiquette and social norms totally invisible to me.

18 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I'm with you on that one (not joining the Chair Force, but plane spotting). I'm taking the fam to Ireland in a few months, and while that's awesome, I'm also insanely excited that the trans-Atlantic portion of the flight will be on a 747.

It will probably be way less cool when my one year old spends a good portion of that eight hour flight screaming and smacking me in the face.

Another goal of mine is to go Down Under, which will almost certainly mean flying on an A380. I've seen them but never flown on one.

Nice. Actually my house is right in the final approach path for one of the runways here. The fly less than 700 feet over my house. The biggest I've seen here is the FedEx 767. That one flies lowwww

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Nice. Actually my house is right in the final approach path for one of the runways here. The fly less than 700 feet over my house. The biggest I've seen here is the FedEx 767. That one flies lowwww

I'd love a situation like that. Of course, my wife would hate it, so I'd probably hate it soon enough. My old house used to be somewhat like that, but it was far enough off the runway that the planes were still a few thousand feet up. I used to enjoy sitting on my back deck and using my FlightTracker app to figure out where the planes I could see were coming from.

1 hour ago, beckham15 said:

I see manny having a HUGE impact on Moncada and Jimenez when he comes up 

Let's hope that if he's signed, that his influence will be of a positive nature. Sure, he is a great player, but not much of a role model, otherwise. Is there anything that suggests that he is a good mentor to younger players?

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

I'd love a situation like that. Of course, my wife would hate it, so I'd probably hate it soon enough. My old house used to be somewhat like that, but it was far enough off the runway that the planes were still a few thousand feet up. I used to enjoy sitting on my back deck and using my FlightTracker app to figure out where the planes I could see were coming from.

Love that app

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Just now, JoshPR said:

Love that app

My brother loves FT. He uses it to track professional sports teams' flights. It's pretty neat

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres