Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 hours ago, fathom said:

I will be honest, if they don’t get Manny now, it will be the most heartbroken I’ve been relating to the Sox probably since Jenks blew a crucial game vs the Indians in the last month of 2005.

I’ve definitely gone from a point where I’d be disappointed to a point where I will be angry if they don’t get this done

Bob Nightengale wrote an article in 2013 about Machado when Manny was only 20. Yonder and his sister Yainee, the wife of Machado ,are also a big part of the article. Very interesting read.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/05/14/baltimore-orioles-manny-machado-lets-play-do-the-talking/2159999/

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

15 minutes ago, mqr said:

I’ve definitely gone from a point where I’d be disappointed to a point where I will be angry if they don’t get this done

I don’t believe it’s wrong to suggest our entire plan, whether it moves one direction or another, depends on this one player. Does Hahn sign Pollock/Kuechel (for example) if he doesn’t bring in Machado? I’m not so sure. 

I'm still betting on somebody coming in at the last minute and overpaying for him.  Hes too much of an obvious investment, im frankly shocked that somebody doesnt have an 8 year+ 35-40m offer out there

another GM or two will come to their senses here soon, that's my guess

11 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I'm still betting on somebody coming in at the last minute and overpaying for him.  Hes too much of an obvious investment, im frankly shocked that somebody doesnt have an 8 year+ 35-40m offer out there

Same. I guess we'll see if the Sox offer increases in kind.

16 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Please go away

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Who the heck is this John Waijo guy?
White Sox. Bears. Predators. Trying to be a Bulls fan. Friend of Michael. Graced reporter. Gambling expert.

Has a White Sox podcast at that website.  Started a Twitter account November, 2018.

Has his own who the hell is this guy reddit thread.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox. Bears. Predators. Trying to be a Bulls fan. Friend of Michael. Graced reporter. Gambling expert.

Has a White Sox podcast at that website.  Started a Twitter account November, 2018.

He admitted he was a fake reporter but then went and picked up the gimmick again for some reason.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just a random dude that r/whitesox turned into a meme

35 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I have this fear Hahn packages Cease/Eloy/Abreu to Colorado for Arenado. The backlash will be so intense and brutal if we miss out on the whales, that I worry he’ll panic and throw out an offer that Colorado can’t refuse. We’re sure as hell not outbidding anyone for Arenado on the market, so this is the route we’d have to take to negotiate a contract with an elite hitter. 

Edited by Flash Tizzle
  • Haha 1

So the Phillies have now made two offers to Machado and none (yet) to Harper?

Before the Philadelphia Phillies contingent of Andy MacPhailMatt KlentakGabe Kapler and John Middleton travel to Las Vegas, Nevada, this weekend to meet with Bryce Harper and his agent, the club will reportedly amp up its offer to fellow superstar free agent, Manny Machado.

According to NBC Sports Philadelphia's Jim Salisbury, the Phillies "remain primarily interested" in Machado, and are expected to make him a second offer to him this week, on top of their already submitted "preliminary offer."

Salisbury noted that the Phillies have yet to make Harper an offer, and it is "unclear" if they ever will. And although Middleton has said the Phillies cold spend "stupid money" this offseason, Salisbury added it "remains unlikely" the Phillies would sign both Harper and Machado.

https://www.sportstalkphilly.com/2019/01/report-phillies-to-make-2nd-offer-to-machado.html

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, Flash Tizzle said:

I have this fear Hahn packages Cease/Eloy/Abreu to Colorado for Arenado. The backlash will be so intense and brutal if we miss out on the whales, that I worry he’ll panic and throwing out an offer that Colorado can’t refuse. We’re sure as hell not outbidding anyone for Arenado on the market, so this is the route we’d have to take to negotiate a contract with an elite hitter. 

KW and JR would never approve it.  Fired on the spot.

4 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I have this fear Hahn packages Cease/Eloy/Abreu to Colorado for Arenado. The backlash will be so intense and brutal if we miss out on the whales, that I worry he’ll panic and throw out an offer that Colorado can’t refuse. We’re sure as hell not outbidding anyone for Arenado on the market, so this is the route we’d have to take to negotiate a contract with an elite hitter. 

Woah woah woah. You truly believe this? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and blame this ridiculousness on it being early Monday morning. Holy hell, that is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

Eh...I don't know about that. If Pollock stays healthy, Eloy is as good as advertised, and Yoan/TA7 take steps forward, that is easily the best lineup in the Central and probably one of the better lineups in the AL.

Its not considered "insanely good" just yet if they're throwing a bunch of "ifs" in there. 

23 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

If I'm Colorado I laugh at that offer

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Before the Philadelphia Phillies contingent of Andy MacPhailMatt KlentakGabe Kapler and John Middleton travel to Las Vegas, Nevada, this weekend to meet with Bryce Harper and his agent, the club will reportedly amp up its offer to fellow superstar free agent, Manny Machado.

According to NBC Sports Philadelphia's Jim Salisbury, the Phillies "remain primarily interested" in Machado, and are expected to make him a second offer to him this week, on top of their already submitted "preliminary offer."

Salisbury noted that the Phillies have yet to make Harper an offer, and it is "unclear" if they ever will. And although Middleton has said the Phillies cold spend "stupid money" this offseason, Salisbury added it "remains unlikely" the Phillies would sign both Harper and Machado.

https://www.sportstalkphilly.com/2019/01/report-phillies-to-make-2nd-offer-to-machado.html

Might want to check the date on the articles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This is wrong.  About 12 hours after Salisbury reported that Phillies were preparing to make a second offer, he edited his article to remove that statement.  But MLBtr, beat reporters, and bloggers ran with the original (now changed) assertion that a second offer was coming.  I don't think the Phillies have made a second offer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G&T said:

Might want to check the date on the articles. 

Yes, it was written a week ago...which means the Phillies made their second and first real offer to Machado last Thursday or Friday before they flew to Las Vegas Saturday morning.   The first was more setting the general framework for a deal.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes, it was written a week ago...which means the Phillies made their second and first real offer to Machado last Thursday or Friday before they flew to Las Vegas Saturday morning.   The first was more setting the general framework for a deal.

Ok. Your post clearly treated it as new information.  And who knows if they made an offer to Harper over the weekend?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

This is wrong.  About 12 hours after Salisbury reported that Phillies were preparing to make a second offer, he edited his article to remove that statement.  But MLBtr, beat reporters, and bloggers ran with the original (now changed) assertion that a second offer was coming.  I don't think the Phillies have made a second offer.

Okay.  Well Lozano isn’t going to strike a deal without a single formal offer from the Phillies first.

That makes no sense.  Even if they have signed Harper, they’ll make an offer...which will be more attractive to Machado’s camp no matter what if Bryce Harper is already on board.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres