Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Merk: "Kenny literally every chicago writer has tweeted out the 7 years i think they get the point"

KW: "You got twitter ready?"

Merk: "This isn't nec-"

KW: "what's happening? per VERY HIGH DISTINGUISHED SOURCE the white sox offer does note exceed 7 years"

Merk: "Can I at least get a dollar range to differentiate?"

KW:" can i at weast get the dowwar wange SEND TWEET MERK"

• Haha 5

So the Sox pawns in the media are pushing back against national reports of a high offer so that we drive opposing offers up from the lower starting point instead of a higher one, which is beneficial for us, and that's bad because it's insulting to fans? GMAB.

Just now, The Sir said:

So the Sox pawns in the media are pushing back against national reports of a high offer so that we drive opposing offers up from the lower starting point instead of a higher one, which is beneficial for us, and that's bad because it's insulting to fans? GMAB.

I’m 95% sure this is to keep real offer down,  but the other 5% is that maybe they know he’s going to get 10 from someone and trying to stress contract length is why they didn’t get him.

13 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

Lozano is using Passan/Gomez (likely telling the truth, but still being used) in order to get the Sox fan base to pressure Jerry on closing.

Jerry, in turn, likes to turn around and prove his gall, that he doesnt give a shit about public perception. So he sends out Levine/Nightengale/Schouwen.

How exactly are fans pressuring Jerry? By being angry on twitter? We're angry on twitter 24/7. In fact, everybody is miserable on twitter. That's what it's for. If there were thousands of people screaming outside the park, that might get Jerry's attention. But yelling online and a dozen people calling their ticket agent threatening to cancel their package for next year unless we sign Machado isn't doing a thing.

Just now, Roughneck said:

How exactly are fans pressuring Jerry? By being angry on twitter? We're angry on twitter 24/7. In fact, everybody is miserable on twitter. That's what it's for. If there were thousands of people screaming outside the park, that might get Jerry's attention. But yelling online and a dozen people calling their ticket agent threatening to cancel their package for next year unless we sign Machado isn't doing a thing.

What I'm saying is the Lozano side thinks they can use fan pressure on the FO. But for the Sox that does not work, and Jerry shows it does not work by doing exactly what he's doing with Nightengale.

Right now the Yankees fans feel insulted, and what theyre going through right now (aesthetically) is nothing compared to what we're being put through

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres