Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I see it's time to dunk on Rick Hahn because of some conflincting tweets, and guess what? 

I saw Rick Hahn at a grocery store today. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him about the ongoing Manny Machado negotiations.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I Lol'd at this.  

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I see it's time to dunk on Rick Hahn because of some conflincting tweets, and guess what? 

I saw Rick Hahn at a grocery store today. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him about the ongoing Manny Machado negotiations.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Haha awesome. That’s so Rick!  I had a very similar RH experience at a Bahamian carnival you’d get a kick out of.  

I was a regular poster on the Sox MLB site as "xSouthsider". Anyone know why the Sox and/or MLB closed off the chatting venue to fans that was available for each topic on the site? Always enjoyed the chats there and think it was a big mistake on their parts to take that away from the fans. I grew up in Chicago and lived about a mile from Comiskey Park on 35th and California. I could hear the score board go off after a Sox homer.

7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I'll have what he's having, Sir.  

• Like 1

I really loathe this "public negotiations are insulting to faaaans" train of thought. I wish we could elevate our discourse back to the days of wondering which potential city has a better atmosphere for marital infidelity and getting away with murder.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

If they don't land him, good luck getting more than 10,000 people to show up per game next year. It would make the fans even more pissed off than they already are, and deservedly so. They can't fuck this up.

Excellent. Shorter food, beer and bathroom lines.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Bathroom lines is true but they usually end up closing so many vendors i've never found it to be that different 10k to 25k (after that it's noticeable)

28 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Here's my personal take on what's happened:  The Sox have had the best offer at something like 7/210 for a few weeks now.  They were ready to go to 8/250 this weekend to get the deal done and felt confident that Manny would accept, which is why there was a lot of internal "source" confidence about early this week.  Instead, Lozano took the new offer and immediately shopped it through Passan.  The Sox front office, already frustrated, took it personally and I are now telling everyone in the media they know that their offer is only 7 years.

This very well could be a real scenario.  It seems the FO was frusturated, per the last conference call, and we all know they like to keep things quiet.  An agent blowing them up could be what pushed the Sox over the edge.  Unfortunately, welcome to the new world of big free agent negotiating.  

"Stay out of White Sox business!".

12 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

FLYING LOTUS.. GOTTA LOVE IT

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Been to a few games like that. It sucks the place is a ghost town but its nice being able to sit where you like and not have to wait in line to take a piss after drinking many many beers. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres