Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

This thread is so bi-polar. I love it. It's given me weeks of entertainment. What will I do with my time when the Manny saga has reached it's stunning conclusion?

Then we switch to #lineuptalk.

Just now, almagest said:

He's covering his ass because he's not sure. "Rival MLB executive" info sounds good though.

meh.  have some courage in your convictions and source(s).  if he really has inside info like that then say like "based on that it appears Chicago is the heavy favorite and another team will have to pull a last minute upset..."

"it may or may not happen" is chickenshit.

4 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

This thread is so bi-polar. I love it. It's given me weeks of entertainment. What will I do with my time when the Manny saga has reached it's stunning conclusion?

Get back to work.

I may be unemployed if this shit goes until March. Thank god it’s been a slow last few weeks for me. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

meh.  have some courage in your convictions and source(s).  if he really has inside info like that then say like "based on that it appears Chicago is the heavy favorite and another team will have to pull a last minute upset..."

"it may or may not happen" is chickenshit.

he's used the term "rival executive" before.  When he said the Dodgers were at the 20 yard line with Harper, their fans laughed it off as he's not very connected.

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: Sox have offered either 7 or 8 years for Machado's baseball skills
3 minutes ago, mqr said:

That’s when the Harper thread starts

Yes!  I see that thread way more insane and comical.  Just think if the Sox don't get Manny, that thread will be nuts.

If the Sox get Manny, people are going to be dreaming of something very amazing, but not very likely.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres