Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

50 minutes ago, Soxman72 said:

That's the White Sox (and the Bulls) way.  Are you surprised?  Mr. Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault.

Yes, Kenny gets a leash because of 2005.  Would I have liked to win more, sure.  Go ask the Dodgers fans how they feel, it's been a long time since 1988.

I don't kiss Kenny's ass, but I will not completely trash the guy.  Things could be worse, see the Seattle Mariners........

Mr. Reinsdorf & Co. have made a lot of money as a result of his loyalty during these years .... 

3 minutes ago, shago said:

Mr. Reinsdorf & Co. have made a lot of money as a result of his loyalty during these years .... 

It’s just unfortunate that he & Co. didn’t deliver a better fan experience during these years of unabashed loyalty while they were making all of that money.  

3 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Yeah, guys that own professional sports franchises typically make money.  Why should that be a problem?

Some owners try to win, others run for the cash flow ... you tell me, where does the Chairman fit on that spectrum? 

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

Do you think George Steinbrenner didn't care about making money off the Yanks?

You can do both big guy .... compare Sox margins vs all other MLB teams. Top 5 most profitable as a percentage. What’s that say? 

1 minute ago, shago said:

Some owners try to win, others run for the cash flow ... you tell me, where does the Chairman fit on that spectrum?

I would like know one owner that isn't in it for the money?  I get your point and Mr. Reinsdorf has plenty of faults, the 1994 Strike to be the biggest, but to demonize him is unfair.  Plenty of blame to go around and many worse than him. 

I am not an ownership apologist, but I would consider him "middle of the pack" of current owners.  He has made non fan friendly decisions, but also has done a lot for Chicago.  The franchise is currently in the running for one of the top, if not both, free agents in the marketplace.  Again, save judgement for after the end game.

8 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

It’s just unfortunate that he & Co. didn’t deliver a better fan experience during these years of unabashed loyalty while they were making all of that money.  

7 championships helped that out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

7 championships helped that out.

One championship.  One baseball championship over 38 years.  Don’t conflate the two teams.  We’re only talking about the White Sox fan experience here.  

Edited by Fan O'Faust

Just now, Fan O'Faust said:

One championship.  One baseball championship over 38 years.  Don’t conflate the two teams together.  We’re talking about the White Sox fan experience.  

Why not? The question posed was what he did with both teams and the loyalty involved.

How many championships did the previous owners of the Sox produce? 

4 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

One championship.  One baseball championship over 38 years.  Don’t conflate the two teams.  We’re only talking about the White Sox fan experience here.  

There are 30 teams.  That should work out to 1 every 30 years right?  Seems about on target.  

That isn't how it works?  Huh.  

17 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Guess that depends on perspective.  I've thoroughly enjoyed going to Sox games since the 80s. So much so that I've had at least partial season tickets since the late 90s.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Next topics in this thread include:

- attendance 

- Mark Buehrle....not an ace?

- does the Tribune give the Sox enough press?

I've kept track of the word count. The Sox are 31.4% behind the Cubs. 😉

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres