Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Why not? The question posed was what he did with both teams and the loyalty involved.

How many championships did the previous owners of the Sox produce? 

Oh but some of those Bill Veeck years were exciting and something to remember. Southside Hitmen, Disco Demolition, 1959, exploding scoreboard, and last but not least Dick Allen (who had his faults, but when he walked to the plate that was exciting enough!)

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Oh but some of those Bill Veeck years were exciting and something to remember. Southside Hitmen, Disco Demolition, 1959, exploding scoreboard, and last but not least Dick Allen (who had his faults, but when he walked to the plate that was exciting enough!)

Without a doubt they were fun and entertaining.  Don't always have to win to be entertained.

• Like 1

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

I don’t feel good about this. If the Sox have the highest offer and it’s really good why hasn’t he taken it? If they haven’t ponied up, what are they waiting for?

It's not the Sox style to bid against themselves. Did anyone really think the Sox were going to blast Manny's doors off with money? Especially when we enacted the friends and family plan? I do think they are serious. I do think they intend to sign Manny. But they're still gonna play the game and they're not just gonna go $300+ because that was the popular notion that the market was going to be.

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Why are the Sox trying so hard to dispel the rumor that they are willing to go 8 years? What do they gain from that? 

So that other teams don't think they have to go over to get him. Keeps the price low and allows the Sox to get him for 8 or 9 years and less money.

1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

I don’t feel good about this. If the Sox have the highest offer and it’s really good why hasn’t he taken it? If they haven’t ponied up, what are they waiting for?

Maybe it's not as high as they want and are working the other teams to drive up the offers.

5 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Why are the Sox trying so hard to dispel the rumor that they are willing to go 8 years? What do they gain from that? 

If the Phillies think our best offer is 7 years, they might swoop in and offer 8 for $250 thinking they have us beat. In reality, we could be sitting there with an offer of 8 for $275.

It would really be great if the Sox leaked both reports. Get the conflicting 7 or 8 year reports out there and everyone will put two and two together and assume the Sox actually offered 8 years but they don't want other teams to know that. Then their true offer of 10 years won't be touched by other clubs.

Edited by SoxBlanco

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Nightengale, Merkin, DVS, Garfein, Levine, a few hours from now:

Per a source, the White Sox are NOT putting a full court press on for Machado, nor do they have any edge. Their pursuit has been described as a "half court press", or by some, as little as a 2-3 zone. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Lol at the title. I think people panic cause they want the team to win to be mentioned be on the map so to speak. Its not always that big name free agent and Chicago White sox are mentioned in the same breath. So I can see fans getting upset and what not. I honestly have kept the bar low. For multiple reasons. Honestly I think Hahn is a smart guy. But his hands are tied. And after the hunter fiasco I think we are seen as a joke or used. I think many of us want that to end. Its hard to put in words. Another reason is the state of the team and mostly we were lead to believe the team would go all out. Now is it happening ? who knows but its annoying to see these tweets. Even if it is a few Chicago media people making shit up. Its so screwed up that instead of our media people cheer us up and help the cause they rip the team apart. Haven't seen anybody from the Yankees rip them apart, or Todd zolecki trash the phills. So yes it does make some panic. We only want the best for our Sox.

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I certainly hope so. But the Sox need to opportunity to match the Phillies in $$$ if they beat the Sox initial offer.

No way they aren’t given an opportunity to match. Lozano is going to shop offers back and forth until someone backs out

11 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Nightengale, Merkin, DVS, Garfein, Levine, a few hours from now:

Per a source, the White Sox are NOT putting a full court press on for Machado, nor do they have any edge. Their pursuit has been described as a "half court press", or by some, as little as a 2-3 zone. 

Or better yet, the old KW bromide.

"Even without Manny Machado or Bryce Harper, we feel extremely confident that the rest of the league is just putting themselves in a better position to compete with the Chicago White Sox, especially after all of playoff-experienced veteran leaders were added to the best young core in the game today."

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres