Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

26 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I just took a peak at good old Jerry's numbers. In 2007 he only played a little over half a season, and he stole 32 bases. Pretty impressive. And his career 16% K-rate would be considered elite now. Jerry was just ahead of his time.

He was a precursor to Peter Bourjos (he was technically on our roster for days)...or Juan Pierre, not sure which. 

52 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I just took a peak at good old Jerry's numbers. In 2007 he only played a little over half a season, and he stole 32 bases. Pretty impressive. And his career 16% K-rate would be considered elite now. Jerry was just ahead of his time.

Given that I was in much better shape in 2007 than I am now, there were times when I thought *I* could hit the ball harder than him, but he ran like a NFL WR which helped him beat out a lot of those slow, weak grounders to random infielders.

14 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Given that I was in much better shape in 2007 than I am now, there were times when I thought *I* could hit the ball harder than him, but he ran like a NFL WR which helped him beat out a lot of those slow, weak grounders to random infielders.

For whatever reason, I remember where I was when Owens went 5 for his first 5 against the Twins in 2007. I was out with a big group and the game was on TV at the pizza place and I remember thinking this dude was going to be a god damn stud. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

For whatever reason, I remember where I was when Owens went 5 for his first 5 against the Twins in 2007. I was out with a big group and the game was on TV at the pizza place and I remember thinking this dude was going to be a god damn stud. 

Back then I basically thought anyone who wasn't outright trash in the minors was gonna be good (I was kinda dumb). I thought Danny Richar was going to be an everyday 2B in the league and I honestly have no clue why I felt so strongly about that now that I'm thinking about it because it's such a stupid opinion. 

I did think Josh Fields's power numbers were a mirage though so at least I was right about that!

9 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Back then I basically thought anyone who wasn't outright trash in the minors was gonna be good (I was kinda dumb). I thought Danny Richar was going to be an everyday 2B in the league and I honestly have no clue why I felt so strongly about that now that I'm thinking about it because it's such a stupid opinion. 

I did think Josh Fields's power numbers were a mirage though so at least I was right about that!

Well I don't know about you, but I was only 16-17 years old during the 2007 baseball season, so thinking Jerry Owens was going to be a stud doesn't really surprise me for that age.

7 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

I suppose. I totally remember that horrible 2007 season being a showcase for Luis Terrero and my thinking he could be a very good bench player moving forward. 🤢🤢🤢

I had meant we could have news that harpchado had signed elsewhere, but yeah I had mentally blocked Luis Terrero from memory.... 

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:
  • Hey I just thought of something. That guy in the M & M jacket will be thrilled  if the Six sign MM. Melts in your mouth not in your hand.

Or, think of the marketing with Moncada and Machado patrolling the infield.  

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres