Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

if there is a mystery team, as that guy on twitter basically said

does lozano tell the sox if they beat their offer?

and if he does tell the sox that, do the sox bite or stand their ground?

i understand that an agent can do whatever the fuck he wants including flat out lying about fake offers

but if he has a legitimate offer from a team that doesn't want it's name disclosed, it would really suck to see the sox lose out in that fashion

Just now, Real said:

i understand that an agent can do whatever the fuck he wants including flat out lying about fake offers

but if he has a legitimate offer from a team that doesn't want it's name disclosed, it would really suck to see the sox lose out in that fashion

I would think so see how high they are willing to go.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Had a dream that he signed for 10 years/$325m. Was disappointed when I woke up and it wasn't true lol

I had the signing dream yesterday morning. No numbers, but a good friend of mine is a big Phillies fan- we met Manny and Bryce in a parking lot, and Manny walked off with me, Bryce with my friend. I woke up, immediately checked my phone, and was deflated to see that it didn’t happen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I had the signing dream yesterday morning. No numbers, but a good friend of mine is a big Phillies fan- we met Manny and Bryce in a parking lot, and Manny walked off with me, Bryce with my friend. I woke up, immediately checked my phone, and was deflated to see that it didn’t happen.

I wasn't going to mention this part, but for some reason he also played for the Bears in my dream. My brain merged the Machado and Kyler Murray stories lol gotta love dreams.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I wasn't going to mention this part, but for some reason he also played for the Bears in my dream. My brain merged the Machado and Kyler Murray stories lol gotta love dreams.

Ha, yep. The parking lot in my dream was really more like a junkyard (I think it was supposed to be Philly- I’ve never liked that city and I think my subconscious agrees). There was a sorta reality TV presenter who explained that I was Manny’s new team, and my friend was Bryce’s. Then I tried to hug Manny (which is weird because, outside of my wife and kids, I’d really prefer that no one touch me, ever). FWIW, he looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead. Maybe that’s a sign. Everybody panic!!!!

But yeah, dreams are super fucking weird.

• Haha 1

What is the consensus on this guy? I know for a fact he has gotten stuff wrong BUT he has also broken some very specific Cubs and Sox news. Is he extremely lucky or does he have a source?

He broke Wellington Castillo (including the length and ammount) and a Cubs trade (Hamels i think) with all the pieces. 

Edited by Orlando

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

What is the consensus on this guy? I know for a fact he has gotten stuff wrong BUT he has also broken some very specific Cubs and Sox news. Is he extremely lucky or does he have a source?

He broke Wellington Castillo (including the length and ammount) and a Cubs trade (Hamels i think) with all the pieces. 

He’s fake news, throwing stuff at the wall hoping it sticks

Merkin is really acting like it was honor just to be in the conversation for MM, lol.  See last two paragraphs.

CHICAGO -- The White Sox seven-year offer to free-agent infielder Manny Machado has not changed, a source confirmed to MLB.com on Monday.

On Sunday, reports swirled that the Sox had upped their offer to Machado to eight years. There also were reports that the Phillies -- after meeting with Bryce Harper and his wife in Las Vegas on Saturday -- had become favorites to land the outfielder.

If the Phillies were to land Harper, would that mean the White Sox had a clear shot at Machado? Is there really a mystery team interested in either of those stars, as has been reported? Might the Sox be being leveraged for a better deal elsewhere?

After USA Today's Bob Nightengale reported on Sunday that the Phillies were the favorite for Harper, ESPN's Jeff Passan reported that the White Sox had moved to an eight-year offer to Machado. Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital in the Dominican Republic placed that offer at $250 million.

Nightengale tweeted later on Sunday that the White Sox had not moved off their seven-year-offer, and that was confirmed on Monday by a source. So what does this all mean for the White Sox?

There's little question the team has serious interest in both Machado and Harper. Although the White Sox begin their third season of their ongoing rebuild, they targeted this offseason as a time to be aggressive and opportunistic with a pair of premium 26-year-old talents available and the payroll flexibility to match that desire.

That assessment represents no afront to the White Sox, but it is a team coming off 195 losses over the last two rebuilding years. Even in a less-than-stellar American League Central, Chicago is likely a year away from contending.

Many people outside of the White Sox organization considered this team a long shot to sign either Machado or Harper as the offseason began. But the club has sold these players on its plethora of burgeoning young talent, not to mention serving as the face of the franchise in a major media market.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white-sox-in-running-to-land-manny-machado/c-302716226

At least Nick Madrigal is confident.  Maybe he can take over Merkin’s job of tamping down expectations.  Madrigal needs to toe the line here.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white-sox-prospect-nick-madrigal-ready-for-19/c-302684730

"Toward the end, my body was pretty beat up like everyone else," Madrigal told MLB.com before joining his friends and teammates on a White Sox Minor League trip to the Dominican Republic departing on Monday. "You go through a long season and you are going to have little kinks and stuff.

"Once I got the time off and got back in the weight room, it was nice to get back in there. I enjoy preparing for the season and taking ground balls, hitting, weight room. I love doing that stuff. Once I got the break I needed, I was ready to get back into it. I don't need any more time off."

There's very little worry on Madrigal's part as to what level he will begin at in 2019 or whether he's at second or shortstop, taking ground balls at both spots as he prepares while working with his dad. He's more focused on getting back with his friends and playing White Sox baseball.

"They are the core group of players and know we are the ones who are going to change it with the people they are bringing in," Madrigal said. "Everyone knows [the White Sox] have a plan, and we are not afraid to talk about it.

"We know that something hopefully soon is coming and it's all exciting. Not one person in the organization is questioning it or what's going to happen here. It's exciting to see what happens."

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Merkin is really acting like it was honor just to be in the conversation for MM, lol.  See last two paragraphs.

CHICAGO -- The White Sox seven-year offer to free-agent infielder Manny Machado has not changed, a source confirmed to MLB.com on Monday.

On Sunday, reports swirled that the Sox had upped their offer to Machado to eight years. There also were reports that the Phillies -- after meeting with Bryce Harper and his wife in Las Vegas on Saturday -- had become favorites to land the outfielder.

If the Phillies were to land Harper, would that mean the White Sox had a clear shot at Machado? Is there really a mystery team interested in either of those stars, as has been reported? Might the Sox be being leveraged for a better deal elsewhere?

After USA Today's Bob Nightengale reported on Sunday that the Phillies were the favorite for Harper, ESPN's Jeff Passan reported that the White Sox had moved to an eight-year offer to Machado. Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital in the Dominican Republic placed that offer at $250 million.

Nightengale tweeted later on Sunday that the White Sox had not moved off their seven-year-offer, and that was confirmed on Monday by a source. So what does this all mean for the White Sox?

There's little question the team has serious interest in both Machado and Harper. Although the White Sox begin their third season of their ongoing rebuild, they targeted this offseason as a time to be aggressive and opportunistic with a pair of premium 26-year-old talents available and the payroll flexibility to match that desire.

That assessment represents no afront to the White Sox, but it is a team coming off 195 losses over the last two rebuilding years. Even in a less-than-stellar American League Central, Chicago is likely a year away from contending.

Many people outside of the White Sox organization considered this team a long shot to sign either Machado or Harper as the offseason began. But the club has sold these players on its plethora of burgeoning young talent, not to mention serving as the face of the franchise in a major media market.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white-sox-in-running-to-land-manny-machado/c-302716226

And people wonder why so many Sox fans are bitter and have a chip on their shoulder. The organization gets treated like trash outside it’s fans. I get that some of it is deserved for how it’s been run the past decade or so, but when you have a team with one of the lowest payrolls and in all of baseball and hardly any money committed over the next few years - why would they be considered a long shot? They have the money Manny wants and he fits on this team ridiculously well. 

48 minutes ago, Real said:

Lozano would almost certainly play the offers against each other, even if he doesn't say where the offer is from.  It would be malpractice not to, unless Manny just prefers the "mystery team," money aside.  But even then, you'd try to spark a bidding war to drive the price up.  

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres