Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You're right. It was pretty silent before the White Sox gave us that late Christmas present in one Jon Jay. 

I have a picture of Jay on my wall with a lit candle in an empty beer can on either side to commemorate the day he signed. Was a happy day indeed!

I'll reiterate what others have said -- this has been a frustrating and exhausting process, but if and when Manny signs here, it will be worth it and I think we will all look back on this process with good memories.  That holds true whether the signing is today or on February 15th.  We won't care how long it took to get him signed when we're enjoying Sox baseball this summer. 

• Like 1

The actual page we'll be on when Machado does finally sign is being artificially inflated with the guessing of the aforementioned page.  To what degree the it is being artificially inflated is variable based on the number of people a) browsing the thread, b) actually reading the thread c) guessing the number of pages, and d) making fun of fellow posters.  Therefore, whoever doesn't "win" could argue that their guess would have won if not for the guessing of the pages.  It's a vicious circle we've put ourselves in, and it's damn time something happens.

By the way, I'll guess 324...with 16 posts on that page.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

The actual page we'll be on when Machado does finally sign is being artificially inflated with the guessing of the aforementioned page.  To what degree the it is being artificially inflated is variable based on the number of people a) browsing the thread, b) actually reading the thread c) guessing the number of pages, and d) making fun of fellow posters.  Therefore, whoever doesn't "win" could argue that their guess would have won if not for the guessing of the pages.  It's a vicious circle we've put ourselves in, and it's damn time something happens.

324 with 17 posts now that I have that info.

• Like 1

Just now, hogan873 said:

I think when we get the eyeball tweet we will have about 30 pages in 10 mins.... and who knows how long after that until he signs. and you have to include the guessing in your guess or youre not guessing right..............

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres