Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

43 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

It sure would be nice to get some good news tonight... Manny needs to sign with the Sox to counteract the horrid news I got earlier. My niece passed away today from her battle with cancer.. 

I’m so sorry.  Prayers going out for you and your entire family.

Perspective folks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EvilJester99 said:

It sure would be nice to get some good news tonight... Manny needs to sign with the Sox to counteract the horrid news I got earlier. My niece passed away today from her battle with cancer.. 

Prayers for you and yours family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Catching up in this tread, I just realized every single day is the same:

• People wake up pisssd off that nothing has happened
  • Several people then claim things are quiet because it’s “the calm before the storm”
  • Posters get desperate and start posting blantantly obvious troll posts “it’s probably nothing, but anyone see this [John] tweet?”
  • Sidebars start ensuring about riveting subjects such as model trains, favorite movie in the Pitch Perfect franchise, etc.
  • Posters start getting desperate again and ask the board insiders for any nuggets, eventually one will show up but only provides vague, semi-positive comments like “be patient, things are happening”
  • Caulfield posts a random article without a link and not in a quote box and proceeds to add his own commentary throughout
  • People start getting really pissed about the lack of momentum and say Rick is an incompetent dick and that cheap Jerry should move the franchise to Portland
  • Finally a rumor comes out from a twitter account with a blue check mark, the board completely loses its shit no matter if good or bad
  • If positive, mock lineups are immediately generated (half with Harper); if negative several posters admit defeat & feel compelled to say we must “stay the course”
  • Bob Nightengale tweets out within 30 minutes “sorry, but that’s not true!”; the board calls him a hack and then debates endlessly who planted what
  • Nothing else happens for a few hours, but some posters remain optimistic something will break later that night and make it clear they’re sticking around 
  • Finally the day ends with no real news, but one poster makes the bold prediction “tomorrow will be the day” before we all call it quits for the night

Wake up the next day and rinse & fucking repeat.  I pray to the baseball gods that by the time I catch up there will be some legit rumors, because I honestly can’t take this endless cycle much longer.

Don't forget those times once every couple of weeks where you wake up and courageously attempt to "rally the troops" and convince everyone that the White Sox are somehow going to end up with BOTH players when that would require a commitment of 8-10X what the team has ever handed out before.

The last time we saw this level of enthusiasm on the board, it was Balta and the assertion that we were going to destroy/vaporize the rest of baseball by the year 2021 (or, at least the AL Central).   And then that lasted precisely until the moment Michael Kopech went down, or maybe it didn't even make it that far.

Edited by caulfield12

I’m really sorry to hear this, man.  Peace be with you.  Praying for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Don't forget those times once every couple of weeks where you wake up and courageously attempt to "rally the troops" and convince everyone that the White Sox are somehow going to end up with BOTH players when that would require a commitment of 8-10X what the team has ever handed out before.

The last time we saw this level of enthusiasm on the board, it was Balta and the assertion that we were going to destroy/vaporize the rest of baseball by the year 2021 (or, at least the AL Central).   And then that lasted precisely until the moment Michael Kopech went down, or maybe it didn't even make it that far.

I still think there is a chance we land two whales (even Phil Rogers agrees with me 😛), but I only make those declarations about once a week so it didn’t fit the daily narrative unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I still think there is a chance we land two whales (even Phil Rogers agrees with me 😛), but I only make those declarations about once a week so it didn’t fit the daily narrative unfortunately.

Well, in that case, you have to include Dan Clark, somehow...he's probably the most "notorious" figure in this whole soap opera, at least so far.

Actually, the most amusing moment was waiting last weekend for NotHahn to return from a birthday party for a 1 year old and provide an update...I'm not doubting he knows someone connected to the White Sox, but the odds of someone with real access to the day-to-day negotiations with Boras and Lozano would never in a million years provide any REAL information to someone that could come back to bite the White Sox if it got out.   There's nothing for that individual to gain, and potentially LOTS to lose.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel like we are one giant (possibly disfunctional) family here, so we got you if you need us. Take care, bud.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Phil Rogers has descended to a point where he's even below Bruce Levine.

Maybe he can do another article on Curtis Granderson (or Cliff Floyd, or Jason Kipnis) coming back to Chicago.

In actuality, he started to lose most of us when his Baseball America Top 10 lists were so ill-informed...and half of his articles are just spitballing and conjecturing about what teams could/would/should do, things that belong on a Rotisserie league message board.

That said, he's always responsive.  I think I've e-mailed him different questions or comments at least 3 times in the last 15 years and he's always written back within 24-48 hours, so I give him credit for that.  He actually seems like a pretty nice guy.

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

yankee fans are on another level of insanity

Screenshot_20190115-180016_Chrome.jpg

I once said if the Bears signed Harbaugh I'd bang my sister (thank God that never happened)

I once said if a specific combination of 3 members of Congress were voted out that I'd jog 2 miles in lingerie and post the video to all my social media (one announced retirement right after I said this, one voted out, the other re-elected)

I once said prior to Jimmy Butler's 4th season if he averaged over 17 ppg I would autofellate myself (he averaged 20, I was reminded of this repeatedly during the season, let's just say I was unable to fulfill that promise)

The moral of the story is I really need to stop saying this shit.

• Haha 1

• Several people then claim things are quiet because it’s “the calm before the storm”
  • Posters get desperate and start posting blantantly obvious troll posts “it’s probably nothing, but anyone see this [John] tweet?”
  • Sidebars start ensuring about riveting subjects such as model trains, favorite movie in the Pitch Perfect franchise, etc.
  • Posters start getting desperate again and ask the board insiders for any nuggets, eventually one will show up but only provides vague, semi-positive comments like “be patient, things are happening”
  • Caulfield posts a random article without a link and not in a quote box and proceeds to add his own commentary throughout
  • People start getting really pissed about the lack of momentum and say Rick is an incompetent dick and that cheap Jerry should move the franchise to Portland
  • Finally a rumor comes out from a twitter account with a blue check mark, the board completely loses its shit no matter if good or bad
  • If positive, mock lineups are immediately generated (half with Harper); if negative several posters admit defeat & feel compelled to say we must “stay the course”
  • Bob Nightengale tweets out within 30 minutes “sorry, but that’s not true!”; the board calls him a hack and then debates endlessly who planted what
  • Nothing else happens for a few hours, but some posters remain optimistic something will break later that night and make it clear they’re sticking around 
  • Finally the day ends with no real news, but one poster makes the bold prediction “tomorrow will be the day” before we all call it quits for the night

Wake up the next day and rinse & fucking repeat.  I pray to the baseball gods that by the time I catch up there will be some legit rumors, because I honestly can’t take this endless cycle much longer.

...says the guy I tried to convince last night to go to bed and nothing would happen last night but was too stoked because he thought yesterday had to be the day .

• Haha 1

Just wanted to second the hopes and prayers part.

Life is too short.  One of our high school classmates (was actually a wrestling coach and actively involved in training his son) from all the way back in 1988 just had a heart attack and died at work, and he wasn't even 50 years old yet.

Sometimes, a little perspective is needed.  Or a lot.

You look at the daily news, people are shooting service dogs for fun, everyone is offended now by practically anything and everything and a Phillies' fan also put his dog in the microwave at the conclusion of that playoff game.   Insane people.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just wanted to second the hopes and prayers part.

Life is too short.  One of our high school classmates (was actually a wrestling coach and actively involved in training his son) from all the way back in 1988 just had a heart attack and died at work, and he wasn't even 50 years old yet.

Sometimes, a little perspective is needed.  Or a lot.

You look at the daily news, people are shooting service dogs for fun, everyone is offended now by practically anything and everything and a Phillies' fan also put his dog in the microwave at the conclusion of that playoff game.   Insane people.

wtf

• Like 2

I woke up this morning thinking today was going to be the day but got pissed because there weren't any early tweets from blue checks. None of the board insiders had nuggets so I started talking about Ariana Grande's lack of ass. We finally got some nuggets from people saying to be patient because JR was negotiating. If he doesn't get this done tonight his cheap ass can move the team to Oregon, and he can take weak Hahn with him. I'll be up the rest of the night waiting for breaking news, but I don't think we will get any. I already posted a mock lineup and rotation just in case it goes down. 

• Love 1

Wow.  That is terrible.  You and your family are in my prayers.  Good luck in this very difficult time. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I woke up this morning thinking today was going to be the day but got pissed because there weren't any early tweets from blue checks. None of the board insiders had nuggets so I started talking about Ariana Grande's lack of ass. We finally got some nuggets from people saying to be patient because JR was negotiating. If he doesn't get this done tonight his cheap ass can move the team to Oregon, and he can take weak Hahn with him. I'll be up the rest of the night waiting for breaking news, but I don't think we will get any. I already posted a mock lineup and rotation just in case it goes down. 

Poor Ariana Grande is going to end up as one of those child-star headcases like Amanda Bynes or Lindsey Lohan by the time all is said and done.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres