Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Well if this offer is correct and the Sox are standing pat, he was right to laugh at their chances.

What has Olney been correct about this offseason? He obviously was very wrong to say Sox had no chance at Harpchado.

Baseball is screwed.. totally hitting another strike....

A-Rod got 10 years at $25mm in 2000! We are 20 years later and you're telling me Machado can only get 7 years at the same price? Yikes.

Look at the highest paid NFL, NBA, and NHL player contracts at that time til now... then look at tv revenues and mlb attendance during the same time... MLB players union won't stand for this and won't end pretty.

Just now, Sockin said:

That has to be from Lozano to get more teams in. 

Two tactics:

- Boras never putting anything out there that harper will is courting or will sign for anything less than a record breaking 300+ million dollar contract.

- Machado apparently saying "actually i'm not that expensive, i can't even break 200 mill!"

I don't buy that lozano is an idiot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

What has Olney been correct about this offseason? He obviously was very wrong to say Sox had no chance at Harpchado.

There is a difference between guessing where players will go and saying "an offer is out for 175 over 7". The other is specifically coming from somewhere else. I have to believe it's wrong, but this is a national reporter with lots of ability to talk to anyone, so it's not something we can just blow off.

Just now, hogan873 said:

If that was indeed the offer from the Sox (which seems highly unlikely), the Phillies could easily beat it AND sign Harper.

Yes, that's true.

Part of me wonders if this could be from boras, bragging about how much higher his offers from harper are.

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Bruce Levine: sources tell me the offer is closer to 100 million than 150 million

Eventually it'll be: Sources have said that the Sox were never interested in signing Machado.  Any reports of offers are erroneous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

There is a difference between guessing where players will go and saying "an offer is out for 175 over 7". The other is specifically coming from somewhere else. I have to believe it's wrong, but this is a national reporter with lots of ability to talk to anyone, so it's not something we can just blow off.

These negotations have been deadlocked with the only information reaching even the closest of sources have been agent/GM misdirection IMO. On a normal FA I'd definitely believe Buster 100% of the time but these Harper/Machado negotiations have been very unique and that's a big reason why we're all getting weary of the constant contrarian info. He totally may be right, although i definitely wouldn't bet on it.

If the big market teams are not touching the luxury tax it is Harper and Machado....the Phillies and the White Sox  

If the Olney tweet is correct, I am guessing the White Sox were around $250M at their original meetings with each and are now dropping their offers and planting or at least not refuting this stuff to prove that the market is not there for either guy.

If the Yankees, Dodgers, cubs and Nationals are really out of the picture, there is no market for teams looking to spend $175M+

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres