Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Peacock Wrestler said:

I'm not too worried about it yet.  A lot can change between then and now.   We'll see how this free agency winds up as well as contract extensions.     

This sport has alot of issues and there really needs to be a work stoppage. 

Just now, Baron said:

This sport has alot of issues and there really needs to be a work stoppage. 

True, but both parties know when the CBA is finished.  They'll start talks in negotiations before that and hopefully work the majority of issues out.  Owners won't want to lose revenue, and players won't want to lose their salaries.   Owners and players both know whats at stake and would try to avoid that at all costs.  

20 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

My eyes rolled so hard I went blind for about 30 seconds. The mass of MLB players aren't going to vote to go on strike and lose their own salaries during their limited earning window just because Manny can only buy 17 palaces and not 30.

Also, this report is puzzling, but clearly false. Rabbit, WSD, Bucket, other people with sources have said continually that the Sox are offering BIG money here. This report wouldn't have qualified as huge money since like 1999. Every day we get another false report, yet people keep going nuts over them. Y'all just looking for reasons to be mad.

Even if it's true it's the best offer out there. Why is it criminally low as some have said if no one has beat it so far ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Dude the Bulls have turned me off from the NBA. I can't enjoy it if the Bulls aren't at least decent. The Incompetence at the Berto Center is the only reason why this scenario is actually plausible. 

I can't stand to watch that team anymore!

Like others have said, this isn’t being cheap if it’s the best offer.

When we went to sell our old house, one of our neighbor’s sisters came to us before hitting the market and offered $50K less than we were going to ask for. We went to market, we’re offered $10K over asking price, called her back to see if she was still interested, and she said no.

Hahn is the sister. No harm trying to save some money, certainly when there’s nothing better out there. But if the big offer does come for Manny like it did for us, Hahn better stop acting like the sister and get it done.

• Like 1

New to this chat but strongly feel this:

Rick Hahn, Kenny Williams, and JR are not idiots, Rick and Kenny have been planning on making this move for the last 2 years or else they wouldn’t have gone through this rebuild. If a team outbids the Sox’s $175 mil offer, cool then add more to your offer which I know they will do. The Sox are sitting very pretty and a lot of that has to do with not only the offer but Alonso and Jay being on the team. The Sox are going to get a deal done because they want him badly but are not going to outbid themselves. The Yankees talk is BS and the Manny doesn’t want to go to Philly neither does Bryce but slim pickings. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

The Bulls are a different story....I think I hate Boylen more than I hated Marc Trestman. 

Boylen is absolutely awful. The day the bulls fired Fred is the day I stopped caring...they are way worse with him than with Fred

Just now, peppers312 said:

i wish many of you would redirect your efforts to twitter and start calling out the b.s. that the media is putting out there instead of posting 332 pages of nothing on this board. 

hrmph. 😆

I'm fairly sure we do both

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres