Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

17 minutes ago, Moncada said:

They are out, unless they move Andujar 

Andujar has nothing to do with it. The Yanks are currently sitting at 191M for their 2019 payroll. That is the hangup with the yanks. That Ellsbury  contract is hurting the Yankees bad.

Edited by BlackSox13

6 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

So can anyone here make sense of what the hell just happened today? Are we in, are we out, do we shake it all about, I’m under mass confusion at the moment. It’s too damn weird

Lozano is seriously annoyed with someone in major league baseball and appears to have a right to be. Whether that is us or not - we don't know. Would that affect where Machado goes? Unlikely, but anything could be possible. 

14 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

So can anyone here make sense of what the hell just happened today? Are we in, are we out, do we shake it all about, I’m under mass confusion at the moment. It’s too damn weird

All  I know is this  topic is at 357 pages and the situation is still FUBAR

Edited by elrockinMT

20 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Anything else below that last Heyman post 

Nothing that was notable when I copied it, Bruce didn’t respond if that’s what you were looking for. 

Bruce constantly feels threatened by other media members. It’s like he knows they talk 💩 about him behind his back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Justinsettle said:

Weird statement from his agent.  He should be happy that Levine is reporting a lowball offer of 175/7 because that would encourage more teams to jump in.  

That's one way of looking at it.  Another way would be that it possibly could strain negotiations with the White Sox, they could easily have accused Lozano of leaking bunk info to Olney and bunch.

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: Agents of Chaos

I really had time to think about this, and to me, this plant had to be from Philly. They either wanted Lozano to think the Sox did it and get pissed and cut off negotiations with the Sox so they could get both Harper AND Machado. Or they wanted to make the Sox seem like shit bidders to either force them to publically up the bid to hopefully get the Sox out of range to sign Manny and Bryce. I dunno, just my guess. Just them poking the Bear to get something moving.

Edited by Ross Gload Fan
  • Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres