Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

If it's true that Lozano and Reinsdorf have "developed a great relationship", that is HUGE for us.

Not that I'm complaining, but Lozano probably became who he thought JR would love to deal with. A professional negotiator. By all means, Lozano may no longer be a sleaze, but I think he does know the White Sox are his best chance at getting his next big payday, which unfortunately for him means dealing with JR. He may secretly hate working with JR, but he has no choice and has to act the role necessary to get paid. 

/tinfoilhat

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

We all know Manny wants to go to the Yankees. The only reason he is entertaining other offers is money. So if he still goes to the Yankees, it was because the other teams, including the White Sox, failed to offer him enough money. It's pretty simple. It's not calling them cheap, it's saying they didn't offer enough. 

I have to agree. I hope that Machado signs with the Sox, but if he doesn't it won't be the first time I have been disappointed as a White Sox fan and I am sure it won't be the last. BUT, I sure hope the Sox get it done!

2 hours ago, DaGame2584 said:

I don't follow the Giants, but what's Hunter Strickland's problem? Didn't they non tender him?

They did. I'm not 100% sure why though. Looks like his K/9 dropped by a full point and he gave up more HR/9 than normal. Just turned 30 though. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him or Brad Boxberger.

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: No, there's no actual news here.
  • Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres