Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

If true, they must just really not like Machado. Otherwise you could just sign him now and it just costs money.

Edited by soxfan2014

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Rockies better get a boatload of prospects...and the Yankees almost have to sign him to a long-term extension to make it worthwhile.

Arenado doesn’t really seems like a great fit in NY for some reason.

Yankees fans spin on this will be hilarious...arenado always been better den Manny boss! It makes sense though...trade andjular and stuff for him and Colorado gets similar production offensively potentially for much cheaper. I'd just sign Manny personally, but Yankees always do what they please. Leverage on Lozano is even weaker if true...

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Yankees fans spin on this will be hilarious...arenado always been better den Manny boss! It makes sense though...trade andjular and stuff for him and Colorado gets similar production offensively potentially for much cheaper. I'd just sign Manny personally, but Yankees always do what they please. Leverage on Lozano is even weaker if true...

Except Andujar is worth a lot more than a one year rental.  Maybe they’d consider it keeping him out of the AL, though...

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Rockies better get a boatload of prospects...and the Yankees almost have to sign him to a long-term extension to make it worthwhile.

Arenado doesn’t really seems like a great fit in NY for some reason.

I think this just gives the Yanks more of a chance to offload salary (mainly Jacoby). More time to find other trade partners before giving Nolan an extension.

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I can’t believe how many times in this thread that Lozano has been misspelled.

Yet I don’t think I’ve ever seen Boras’ name written incorrectly even once.   

Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey

Ive seen it accidentally spelled Borass a lot back in the day. And Bora$. Not really sure how people made those mistakes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

So I’ve been working a lot the past couple days and basically coming home and going to sleep. What’s the recap or buzz lately, if any? Lol

You're happier not knowing. There's like 15 pages of people trying to digitally enhance photos of a hat from Instagram.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just finished a load of laundry, and upon pulling my 2008 AL Central Champions shirt from the dryer, I realized the armpit had finally given out. R.I.P. to the last White Sox Celebratory shirt I owned. Just in time for Machado to sign and win us another division title!

If we want to get all conspiratorial, this latest report that the Yankees prefer Arenado could be a ploy to entice Manny to sign with his "favorite" team. If he still has hopes of playing for N. Y., perhaps after an opt out with us, this could scare him into signing with them now, before they acquire another long term third baseman. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I havent been following today but mlb.com is implying it is a Sox hat Manny is wearing. 

Manny seen wearing a Sox cap; does it mean anything?
Jan. 18: Is Manny Machado leaning toward signing with the White Sox? With the Phillies reportedly turning their focus to fellow 26-year-old superstar Bryce Harper after meeting with him in Las Vegas last week, and the Yankees signing yet another infielder in DJ LeMahieu, it appears Chicago may be the favorite to land Machado. The White Sox have reportedly made a seven-year, $175 million offer, though that has been disputed by Machado's agent, Dan Lozano.

While it may be a clue, or may be nothing at all, Machado was seen wearing a White Sox cap while taking batting practice with brother-in-law and White Sox first baseman Yonder Alonso on Friday. The website 12up reports that this took place in Miami.

https://www.mlb.com/news/latest-manny-machado-rumors/c-285627736?tid=300054180

6 minutes ago, Lillian said:

If we want to get all conspiratorial, this latest report that the Yankees prefer Arenado could be a ploy to entice Manny to sign with his "favorite" team. If he still has hopes of playing for N. Y., perhaps after an opt out with us, this could scare him into signing with them now, before they acquire another long term third baseman. 

It does seem like they're trying too much to say "We don't want Manny" 

12 minutes ago, Lillian said:

This is extremely plausible. Nice job.

12 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Also can be just saving face with the fanbase. Instead of appearing cheap, they regain the drivers seat and good graces with fans if they claim Arenado is their real target.

15 minutes ago, Lillian said:

8 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

It does seem like they're trying too much to say "We don't want Manny" 

Aren't the Steinbrenners and Reinsdorfs old family friends? Perhaps its a combination being tired of being used by MAchados camp for more money and doing some old friends a solid...

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres