Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think that if he’s not signed by SoxFest, he’s not coming to the Sox. I hope some clear contract offer amounts are provided by reporters so that we know how things actually went. And I would hope Hahn gives more insight on what the plan is next if they miss out on the whales.

Yeah because if he isn't signed by SoxFest what was all this even for..................... 

8 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think that if he’s not signed by SoxFest, he’s not coming to the Sox. I hope some clear contract offer amounts are provided by reporters so that we know how things actually went. And I would hope Hahn gives more insight on what the plan is next if they miss out on the whales.

THEORY - Brooks Boyer has something up his sleeve. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

Yeah because if he isn't signed by SoxFest what was all this even for..................... 

What do we think Hahn gets asked if there is no announcement?

3 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Benny the Bull and Southpaw come out dancing on the stage, Hahn announces the deal, Manny comes out of a huge box, JR is wheeled out making money rain and the Loveabulls and Chevy Pride Crew throw out tickets to the crowd? Sounds about right.

Soxfest is really not that big of a deal and certainly not as important to the FO as many probably hope. I’ve always seen it as a nice time for Sox fans just to be around other Sox fans in the middle of our winter wasteland but it doesn’t have much more meaning in the grand scheme of things. 

4 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Rick Hahn’s kids are big WWE fans. It would be pretty awesome if Rick announced the signing during the first town hall meeting at Soxfest and Machado came out from behind the curtain in a Sox hat. It would be similar to an nWo recruitment right there. 

3BtF7pc0rfiu7wv_a54sY_KrWZ7BIeMViCKtZWIn

Or when NWO came back in the late 90's/early 00's and Vince was giving quick, creepy promos all show and then he finally spun around in the chair and the chair had NWO written on it?

Hahn gives a townhall, lights dim, he spins around eerily chuckling, chair says MM on the back, Machado comes out.

33 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Jeez, Buster Olney is nothing but a mouthpiece anymore, zero reporting or insight. And I bet they could hire 3-5 actual good reporters for whatever salary hed getting.

Yeah he isn’t the best columnist but his podcast is still pretty good.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Or when NWO came back in the late 90's/early 00's and Vince was giving quick, creepy promos all show and then he finally spun around in the chair and the chair had NWO written on it?

Hahn gives a townhall, lights dim, he spins around eerily chuckling, chair says MM on the back, Machado comes out.

Hahaha! A “Lethal dose of poison!” has been injected into the AL central!! Sox fans are going crazy. Welcome to the sWo the Sox World Order. Who will be the next signing, Bryce? Markakis? Lol

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

I keep coming back to that... what if Machado and the Sox agreed to terms around the time they traded for Alonso, and the Sox are waiting to make a splash?  Or they promised him they'd match Harper's deal?

But then I keep coming back to that 300mm is sooooo much money that the Sox couldn't risk something getting messed up or falling apart.  

26 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I don't think SoxFest is any kind of deadline as the Sox can afford to wait as long as they have to, I just thought they would want to have Machado there if at all possible. 

Sure, how much more money are you willing to spend to get it done prior to SoxFest?  Like is him being there worth a million bucks even?  Probably not.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, how much more money are you willing to spend to get it done prior to SoxFest?  Like is him being there worth a million bucks even?  Probably not.

Who knows. But it would make the fans happy and the event would probably be more exciting than it has been in years if he was there.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Definitely, but you don’t pay more money just so he’s there.

Oh yeah, it's totally ridiculous to think we'd spend more with Soxfest looming.  Just the fact that they'd be holding off announcing or in any way augment a quarter of a billion dollar deal just so a few thousand fans can get happy at a convention they already paid to go to seems beyond silly.

The Sox happen to get a deal done with someone once before Sox fest to get a nice buzz going and make for a feel good weekend so now every year around this time fans think they have to do that. And the funniest part of it is it was probably just a coincidence that they got one done at that time too. 😂 

11 minutes ago, shipps said:

The Sox happen to get a deal done with someone once before Sox fest to get a nice buzz going and make for a feel good weekend so now every year around this time fans think they have to do that. And the funniest part of it is it was probably just a coincidence that they got one done at that time too. 😂 

Probably, but Hahn should expect questions from fans as opposed to the same garbage that the media asks him. Hopefully there are some good targeted questions and follow up questions asked so he answers with something instead of giving a politician’s response.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres