Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is Cashman saying how likely he is to pay anything approaching market rate for Manny.

I don't see how any team would be jumping at the chance to sign a 30 yr. old Arenado with his home/away splits. I have no doubt he is a very talented hitter, but it's like a night and day difference. The guy simply belongs in Coors Field. I would be shocked if 29 of the other teams got the same production he gets currently for the Rockies.

11 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yup, wouldn't take anything WSD says with credibility.

I think that's a bad take. He got an update from whoever he normally talks to and he feels good about what they said. Don't think there's anything wrong with that. He's nowhere near Dan Clark. 

Edit:

It's not like he guaranteed it for no good reason and keeps blasting people who disagreed. 

Edited by Kiebs13
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, shipps said:

Chances are among the young talent the Sox have in house there isn’t that bat available to protect and pair with Jimenez. There are some great prospects to fill up that lineup, just not that generational talent like MM or Harper that can really transform the future of this group. 

How many superstars would you say there are in the MLB right now?  Just an estimate, not a complete list.

1 hour ago, shipps said:

Chances are among the young talent the Sox have in house there isn’t that bat available to protect and pair with Jimenez. There are some great prospects to fill up that lineup, just not that generational talent like MM or Harper that can really transform the future of this group. 

To be clear, I also want one of these two guys, but I think a stud 3B fits this team better than a stud OF.

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Why are we shitting all over dave again? You can take or leave the barstool part of his persona but he doesn't spread bad info around.

This. The dude has been spot on at least one other time this offseason with Tulo and the Yanks, he is not a Dan Clark....

• Like 7

Yeah... Anyone comparing Dave to Dan Clark hasn’t been paying attention. 

Dude has great info (I know that first hand because he is a good friend). 

I get not liking him but let’s not pretend like he doesn’t put out good info regularly. 

• Like 8

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres