Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

27 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Why are we shitting all over dave again? You can take or leave the barstool part of his persona but he doesn't spread bad info around.

Agree.  It’s a mistake to dismiss people like WSD or Rabbit when it’s proven they have access to Hahn (via interviews).  Doesn’t mean they have knowledge and a source for every statement they make and they are very good about saying whether it’s speculation or based on a source.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ123 said:

Does this mean right now as in ‘ink to paper right now tonight’, or as in right at the moment they are in a good standing? Need some of this mannyjuana.

I think it just means they probably are the leader by a good margin..I personally think they're working on the contract and it's taking so long

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He is an expert on cringeworthy things. 

That guy posts the same regurgitated garbage content on twitter every day about Machado. He called the guy a piece of shit during the NLCS because I’m pretty sure he was cheering for the brewers but now wants him on the Sox just so he could get more likes on twitter 

Edited by Whitesoxa6
  • Like 4

I do think Sox have him but the contract is going to be pretty complex, may be one where it’s a hard time even figuring out total value. This weeks confusion in it’s weird way started to point to a structure, and I do think it’s just a lot to work through. It’s nice to hear people saying it’s close but After all this I mean, I’m just setting expectations of pitchers and catchers report time.

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

I do think Sox have him but the contract is going to be pretty complex, may be one where it’s a hard time even figuring out total value. This weeks confusion in it’s weird way started to point to a structure, and I do think it’s just a lot to work through. It’s nice to hear people saying it’s close but After all this I mean, I’m just setting expectations of pitchers and catchers report time.

When you refer to people saying it’s close, are you talking about the WSD tweets? Just wondering if I missed something

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

When you refer to people saying it’s close, are you talking about the WSD tweets? Just wondering if I missed something

Yeah I guess, realize now they didn’t say close but more that even with another round of positive news I won’t be surprised if it drags out all the same.

realized it was probably the ‘right now’ that gave me that impression.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres