Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Progress.  It’s White Sox Wednesday, and yet nobody is opining a signing will occur today.  

Apathy is really setting in, with there being very little to say that hasn’t been said 100 times before.

It's Wednesday boys!  Let's gooooooooooooo!

img_6917.jpg

1 minute ago, Roughneck said:

Mall of America isn't in Minneapolis, but yes. We are insulting the whole damn state. Like, why do you need 10,000 b****-ass lakes? Why don't you just get one great one?

I went to school in Iowa and the student population had a good number of students from Twin Cities area. They just would rave about their state constantly and how great it is. They would also act all tough when it was freezing and say "This isn't bad, in Minnesota its way colder". All these people in Iowa had a goal of living there after graduation and I really didn't understand the desire, its freezing cold, the city has nothing special, and it's expensive lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Not sure what Minneapolis you guys have been to but it's an awesome city.  The food and drink scene is on absolute fire right now, close to "nature", and is really only second to Chicago in the region.  And I'm not even a liberal.

Totally agree, but when free agents are discussed there is mandatory "lol why would anyone live in that city it sucks!"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Not sure what Minneapolis you guys have been to but it's an awesome city.  The food and drink scene is on absolute fire right now, close to "nature", and is really only second to Chicago in the region.  And I'm not even a liberal.

Yah, I've lived in Minneapolis or the surrounding areas for the majority of my life.  If it is wonderful place to grow up and a great place to raise a family.  A strong economy, good paying jobs, safe, clean, good schools.  All four seasons; tons to do in the summer.  The lakes are phenomenal.  Great fishing, great golfing.  All major sports teams.  Great food and music scene.  

It's a great place to live.  But the winters are brutal.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigSexy23 said:

I went to school in Iowa and the student population had a good number of students from Twin Cities area. They just would rave about their state constantly and how great it is. They would also act all tough when it was freezing and say "This isn't bad, in Minnesota its way colder". All these people in Iowa had a goal of living there after graduation and I really didn't understand the desire, its freezing cold, the city has nothing special, and it's expensive lol

People who try to tell me that their cold is different from our cold or that I don't understand cold drive me nuts. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know it's never released that early but, i mean the first evening is in 2 days. When is the freaking schedule gonna get released?

IIRC the schedule is generally released a week in advance so whats happening is very strange. 

Edit: It was released on the Tuesday before last year so nevermind.

Edited by Sockin

6 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Don't understand the hate either, I love that city. Have a close friend who lives there and I always enjoy visiting him. Visited my friend's cabin there one summer for the 4th and it was awesome.

16 minutes ago, Sockin said:

IIRC the schedule is generally released a week in advance so whats happening is very strange. 

Edit: It was released on the Tuesday before last year so nevermind.

2017 it was the Friday before.  2018 it was the Tuesday the week of.

20 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Interested that rumors seemed to have stopped ever since Lozano’s verbal b*tch slap of a statement last week. 

I wonder if the media guys counter to Lozano is that they won’t be reporting out what he is feeding them since he burned them with it before. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres