Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lol I can't even jokingly make fun of it. I went on a week long canoe trip up there on the boundary waters and Superior was a pretty awesome sight on the drive up.    The entire trip was like a north woods advertisement gone supernova

The big lake they call Gitche Gumee...

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Obviously we don’t know, hell it could have been Steverson.  Just not sure why Tim completely suddenly changed his approach in the second half when it was working.  A good hitting coach should be able to convince his players to stick with a good thing.

Yeah, I am by no means a Steverson supporter, and I honestly don't know what happened during the second half either, but I tend to think hitting coaches get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go south.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Obviously we don’t know, hell it could have been Steverson.  Just not sure why Tim completely suddenly changed his approach in the second half when it was working.  A good hitting coach should be able to convince his players to stick with a good thing.

My conspiracy is that Steverson told Anderson to change something and Anderson didn't like it. It would explain why Anderson liked (and then unliked) tweets in September that were trashing the hitting coaches 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

We could guess the lineup probably. But still nice to know times.

Asked around. Looks like they are still trying to finalize times. Just heard opening ceremonies could be pushed to 4. I do know there will be a panel with Daryl Boston, Zach Collins, and Kopech. There will also be one with Cease, Madrigal, and the last name is escaping me at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

Asked around. Looks like they are still trying to finalize times. Just heard opening ceremonies could be pushed to 4. I do know there will be a panel with Daryl Boston, Zach Collins, and Kopech. There will also be one with Cease, Madrigal, and the last name is escaping me at the moment. 

It's officially uploaded on the White Sox site now

6 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

Zavala and Getz

57 minutes ago, fathom said:

Looks like soxfest schedule is leaking out now. Nothing “interesting”

Only thing interesting is the first seminar with Hahn and Renteria that is normally for attendees only is going to be televised. That being said if they wanted to announce something there it would be a small reception because normally people run out to get autographs instead of attending that one. 

Edited by Sockin

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lol I can't even jokingly make fun of it. I went on a week long canoe trip up there on the boundary waters and Superior was a pretty awesome sight on the drive up.    The entire trip was like a north woods advertisement gone supernova

I only went to Minnesota once. Spent a week at Mayo Clinic and traveled a little around there. The Twins were out of town, so I didn't get to a game, unfortunately. Really nice area though. I'd like to spend more time there.

38 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Tim Anderson 1st half 2018: 40.6% O-Swing%, 71.3% Z-Swing%, 42.3% Zone%

Tim Anderson 2nd half 2018: 39.6% O-Swing%, 74.6% Z-Swing%, 43.2% Zone%

Going by those metrics his plate discipline actually slightly improved in the 2nd half, I'm guessing the 6% 1st half walk rate was just a circumstance of random luck rather than an actual change in approach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OmarComing25 said:

Tim Anderson 1st half 2018: 40.6% O-Swing%, 71.3% Z-Swing%, 42.3% Zone%

Tim Anderson 2nd half 2018: 39.6% O-Swing%, 74.6% Z-Swing%, 43.2% Zone%

Going by those metrics his plate discipline actually slightly improved in the 2nd half, I'm guessing the 6% 1st half walk rate was just a circumstance of random luck rather than an actual change in approach.

Great post. Thanks for posting those numbers. Pretty interesting.

31 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Only thing interesting is the first seminar with Hahn and Renteria that is normally for attendees only is going to be televised. That being said if they wanted to announce something there it would be a small reception because normally run out to get autographs instead of attending that one. 

WSD will be there and introduce Hahn who will walk out like his Vince McMahon gif and then boom Manny and Bryce...and Alonso, and Jay etc

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres