Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, bschmaranz said:

You telling me you dropped out before Dickey Simpkins sprang to superstardom!?

Hawk called me once and after we chatted my rep got on the phone and said "hawk had to go" I interrupted her with a "He gone" and she was laughing so hard and I heard Hawk say it in the background.  

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If Machado has agreed to sign here there is no way that wouldn't have been leaked at this point.

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If Machado has agreed to sign here there is no way that wouldn't have been leaked at this point.

Clearly the 175 million is actually bonus money for not telling anyone he's already agreed. 

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Not sure about that. I'm sure the plan is to keep it quiet until an appropriate announcement can be made. Leaks can happen though. 

• Thanks 1

What we conceivably know:

All insiders state Sox in good place

Top media confirms Sox have an offer on table

No media can confirm if any other teams have extended offer

Top desired destination threats (Yanks, Dodgers) seemingly moving in different directions

Friends, Family and cryptic social media, soxfest and season ticket calls

It’s clear:  we have locked up both Manny and Bryce 

The general public will know who the White Sox are now, my friends!!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I wonder what surprises he would actually be aware of that weren't Machado related

To be fair, he was referring to the season.  To paraphrase, he basically said..."we'll have a surprising season. Lots of surprise.  Lots of surprises.".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

It will have to leak at some point unless the Sox are going full WWE Royal Rumble surprise entrant mode and flying him into a different airport and driving him in. Someone would have to recognize him at O'Hare or Midway, right?

I want Rick to mimic WSD's Hahn/McMahon gif. Actually, strike that, I need it.

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

It will have to leak at some point unless the Sox are going full WWE Royal Rumble surprise entrant mode and flying him into a different airport and driving him in. Someone would have to recognize him at O'Hare or Midway, right?

Keep him in a trailer outside of Gorilla Position

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

Private jet into chicago executive airport??

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres