Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

9 minutes ago, heirdog said:

What we conceivably know:

All insiders state Sox in good place

Top media confirms Sox have an offer on table

No media can confirm if any other teams have extended offer

Top desired destination threats (Yanks, Dodgers) seemingly moving in different directions

Friends, Family and cryptic social media, soxfest and season ticket calls

It’s clear:  we have locked up both Manny and Bryce 

The general public will know who the White Sox are now, my friends!!

Maybe ESPN will even remember us! 

Just now, JuliusO1274 said:

I would love to believe that the White Sox have signed Manny and are waiting until SoxFest to announce it but it doesn't make much sense. If they really have signed him that would want to announce it before SoxFest in order to get more people to go.

It’s sold out.

• Like 1

In this era of social media, such theatrics would be a great way to leverage the signing publicity. If some clever surprise announcement were to be staged at Sox Fest, and televised, it could "go viral" on the Internet. 

Edited by Lillian

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

I would love to believe that the White Sox have signed Manny and are waiting until SoxFest to announce it but it doesn't make much sense. If they really have signed him that would want to announce it before SoxFest in order to get more people to go.

They already announced its sold out.

Sold Out (or is that Souled Out to stick with the NWO theme?)

• Haha 1

It’s already sold out. An announcement at a convention like that is to increase ticket sales (and I’m sure jersey sales) if they announce something.

Just now, fathom said:

It’s already sold out. An announcement at a convention like that is to increase ticket sales (and I’m sure jersey sales) if they announce something.

Yep.  And if I'm the Sox, immediately after the announcement I'd have ticket reps walking around the room with tablets for people to buy tickets on the spot.

4 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Sold out 

I haven't played poker in a few years but if I had a read on Yonder this was a done deal, not a maybe but a done deal and to be ready for a surprise announcement.

I expect the losers that like to take stabs at breaking news will run with this any minute.  Someone the level of Duarte or Dan Clark will report he is being unveiled tomorrow soon.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just be prepared for about 100 Manny in Chicago sightings on twitter over the next 24 hours.  I wonder if Reinsdorf has a luxury suite at the convention?

Thats what I'm waiting for tbh. Someone to see him out eating tonight or something. If they actually got him though I imagine they would fly him in tomorrow morning instead to keep it a secret. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres