Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Pretty sure they have a area set up for tickets purchases there

Actually they have an area for season tickets. I don't know if you actually can purchase or not. But individual games aren't on sale yet. I don't see where saving it for Soxfest is an advantage. Everyone there would still be high over it if it was announced yesterday, and their ticket office would have some action.

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Thats what I'm waiting for tbh. Someone to see him out eating tonight or something. If they actually got him though I imagine they would fly him in tomorrow morning instead to keep it a secret. 

I don’t think he will be in Chicago no matter what.  If anything, it would be a signing announcement.

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

If the Sox really are putting the finishing touches on a Manny deal to be announced at Soxfest, I just can't see how it doesn't leak somehow.  Rumor, smoke, something.

This is where our expert sources need to tell what they know.

If they really want to fire a shot after announcing all the known rostered players have the room go dark and a video start playing showing the Wrigley Field marque (fans go crazy booing)  video pans to someone standing on the bricks and they spray paint the Sox logo all over them. Final shot is Machado spraying the camera lens black. Ok and maybe a shot of MAnny launching Ian Happ into a TV trailor like a lawn dart lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Everyone realizes we will be back to dumbfounded that this is still dragging on by Monday, right?

There will be no announcement Friday night, and then people will talk themselves into Saturday being the day....and then same with Saturday to Sunday.  Sunday will be like the last day of the Winter Meetings where everyone hopes stuff happens, but in reality it’s a bunch of people just trying to get home.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I can safely say no one has anything specific based on lack of wsd tweets

I heard him say on Barstool radio Tuesday that he had a conference call with the team to discuss his role as a fan liaison and how he is now a full time blogger who wants to report news.  

I figured if he proactively set up the meeting with someone it likely means nothing, but if they were calling him and possibly other White Sox internet people (possibly to stress only reporting actual news and not rumors) it could be a good sign.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Plot twist: Manny will be in Southpaw's costume and then reveal himself during the opening ceremonies to the delight of the crowd.

Whether you intended it or not, I love how all these scenarios have been played out in  a wrestling storyline lol

• Haha 1

Just now, wegner said:

At Soxfest...and now your 2019 Chicago White Sox...Manny (gasp from the crowd) Banuelos.  I just hope they don't boo the poor guy.

How many Manny's are in the organization? If they do plan on announcing a Machado signing I want every Manny announced with MAchado being the last one

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Actually they have an area for season tickets. I don't know if you actually can purchase or not. But individual games aren't on sale yet. I don't see where saving it for Soxfest is an advantage. Everyone there would still be high over it if it was announced yesterday, and their ticket office would have some action.

If I was at SoxFest and they announced him, I would buy a ten game package on the spot at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Plot twist: Manny will be in Southpaw's costume and then reveal himself during the opening ceremonies to the delight of the crowd.

I mean I still don't believe they would risk pissing off the union by waiting for Sox Fest.... BUT IF THEY ARE:

They better go all out.  Keep it a 100% secret.  And have Manny, Jay and Yonder onstage making "not 1, not 2" Miami Heat jokes.  

20 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

After the two are announced...Keuchel zip lines from the rafters with a steel chair and takes em out yelling pitching wins championships!!!

Jim Ross sits in with Jason for play by play: "By God!  He's broken in half!  As God as my witness, that killed him!"

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres