Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

Renteria going public about the issues with Machado being resolved is perhaps the biggest hint that he is coming to the Sox. Rick said that Manny agreed to play wherever the team needed him and that they discussed the "Johnny Hustle" controversy, and indicated that it wouldn't be an issue. If he isn't going to be part of the team, why bother addressing these points, all of a sudden? He never discussed any of this, in the days following the meeting.

Probably because someone asked him a question about it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mqr said:

The scoreboard was lit up tonight and I’d be lying if I said I didnt almost crash my car trying to see if it was manny related

Tonight was the corporate partnership party at the stadium (which Hahn was at, according to Chili). The scoreboard was lit up for it according to Luis Robert's Instagram story. 

9 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Yea, you respond to that after the meeting takes place. I believe it was discussed after his Yankees meeting. Seems oddly placed to discuss that at this point, this far into the process. Unless the media are legitimately grasping at any other Machado content they haven't already beaten to death.

Ricky and Our Chuck were on Kaplan’s show on NBCSC  last night, and he was just answering questions. He wasn’t really available to the press back during the visit. 

It could mean anything. I am pretty sure if Manny signed with the Yankees 3 weeks ago and Renteria was asked the same questions, he would have had the same answers. But it also could be Manny was taking a White Sox physical at the time he was asked the questions.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ItsCalledComiskey said:

444,549 views to this thread. Can it break a million before MM signs somewhere?

I know it was posted  a couple of years ago, but am just curious...…….does anyone know what  are the top 5 threads are that have the most ever posts  on one topic?  I am sure that one of the mods would have it somewhere back in their archives. 

9 hours ago, Steve9347 said:

i Just overpaid for Manny Machado in my dynasty league. This shit had better go down. 

Yea, I'm sure I'll overpay to get him in one of my four leagues, at the draft. If you're in Yahoo I'm hearing registration opens Thursday, January 31, if you hadn't heard.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

What's the best way to sell hundreds of bootleg Machado(most of them have the correct spelling) jerseys at Soxfest?

Asking for a friend.

Seriously though: I think today is the day.

You have to wear them. All of them.

31 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

4F8C1FFD-4B27-4E15-8921-0EABCDDD8ED0.jpeg

I don't know much about Twitter, but isn't this "burner account" likely to be someone other than the name he is using? Would it make sense for someone on the inside of the organization to do this? It isn't "official" because it's not coming from a verified source, but it stirs up the excitement. It wouldn't really spoil the dramatic effect of an announcement at Sox Fest, given the questionability of the source. However, it does keep the real die hard fan base ginned up. Someone pointed out that  J. M. R. are the initials of the owner and one of his sons. Plus Michael is the name of another son. Very interesting.

Putting all of the clues together, it just looks like today will be a big day. I'm buying the whole narrative. An announcement of the Machado signing and the Pederson trade, today at Sox Fest, with maximum publicity and social media frenzy. This is great fodder, for a "Conspiracy" nut, like me. Remember what Gore Vidal said; "I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a conspiracy analyst". Oh, and I'm not wearing a "tin foil hat". As someone said; "We haven't used tin in years. It's aluminum".

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

Feeling reasonably confident re: Machado. Guessing 7 yrs. $28/per with incentives tied to All-Star selection, MVP voting, etc that can bring AAV to $34M. This is just my read of the tea leaves. Noidea if/when it might be announced but I get the sense its imminent and FWIW, if it turns out to be the case, Hahn is to be commended fo managing this well.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Feeling reasonably confident re: Machado. Guessing 7 yrs. $28/per with incentives tied to All-Star selection, MVP voting, etc that can bring AAV to $34M. This is just my read of the tea leaves. Noidea if/when it might be announced but I get the sense its imminent and FWIW, if it turns out to be the case, Hahn is to be commended fo managing this well.

No way we get him for less than 200 mil

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

I believe that the free agent timeline of Manny Machado and the event schedule of the White Sox’ fan fest are entirely, 100% independent and unrelated. 

I think this is true, but it also underrates the effectiveness of even manufactured deadlines such as "complete prior to soxfest" in contract negotiations. Is it a huge influencer? No, but it could cause some extra focus to it prior from execs trying to clear their plate.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres