Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Sox hire a Manny Machado impersonator and send him to New York to throw us off the trail.  Well played Brooks Boyer.  Well played.

Meanwhile, the REAL Manny has been staying with Yonder for weeks.  They have the windows painted black and Yonder always brings home food for him.

Miami Baseball Brotherhood

16 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Why would the Dodgers wait for soxfest to announce they are trading Joc?

Because RH asked that they announce it tomorrow to make a PR splash while the media is focused on Soxfest?  Since they share a spring training facility and have a good working relationship, Dodger GM said sure Rick.

If J. Michael Robertson turns out to be total BS (99% certainty) I’ll still give the guy props.  He says it’s a burner account, has people throwing out conspiracies that it’s a Reinsdorf, and his three follows are the Sox, Bulls, and Stadium.

Most well thought out troll job I’ve ever seen, but I gotta admit, it would be epic if it turned out to actually be Jerry.  Part of me actually hopes it is.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I agree with this analysis 

Let's be real. Sportscenter would lead with Machado signing with Chicago, spend 3 minutes talking about how he fits in the great Cubs lineup. Then they'd realize he signed with the Sox, so they'd drop it and spend the next 40 minutes breaking down the Pro Bowl.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RTC said:

If J. Michael Robertson turns out to be total BS (99% certainty) I’ll still give the guy props.  He says it’s a burner account, has people throwing out conspiracies that it’s a Reinsdorf, and his three follows are the Sox, Bulls, and Stadium.

Most well thought out troll job I’ve ever seen, but I gotta admit, it would be epic if it turned out to actually be Jerry.  Part of me actually hopes it is.

Jerry is 83.  It's even money he even knows what twitter is.

8 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

New thread title, IMO.

Yep. If it doesn't happen today, we'll just change it again. Crazy to think we had the "endgame" title like 15,000 posts ago.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I'd take that money in a heartbeat.  Old doesn't mean stupid, and you are talking about a guy that has understood the future of technology better than most people in his lifetime.

Totally. Even the Sox disastrous network in the '80s was a brilliant idea about 20 years before its time.

16 minutes ago, RTC said:

Just so everybody's clear, I was being facetious when I threw that out there

Edited by mqr
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RTC said:

It's pretty obvious to me that this is one of Rick Hahn's sons. Close enough to the situation to be aware of some of the details, smart enough to make sure that the initials and follows are semi-subtle as to not be obvious to everyone right away.

If the Sox were to announce Manny at Soxfest, it would be the culmination of crazy events. They would have to sneak him into Chicago and into the hotel, past a bunch of Sox fans. Then they'd have a doctor meet them at the hotel to do the physical there. Next, have Manny sign the contract immediately and fax it to the main office. Then introduce him minutes later before work breaks on twitter. I mean, it's theoretically possible, but it would take an insane amount of planning to get it done and keep it a secret until that moment.

1 minute ago, Roughneck said:

If the Sox were to announce Manny at Soxfest, it would be the culmination of crazy events. They would have to sneak him into Chicago and into the hotel, past a bunch of Sox fans. Then they'd have a doctor meet them at the hotel to do the physical there. Next, have Manny sign the contract immediately and fax it to the main office. Then introduce him minutes later before work breaks on twitter. I mean, it's theoretically possible, but it would take an insane amount of planning to get it done and keep it a secret until that moment.

Not to mention social media issues

9 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

It's pretty obvious to me that this is one of Rick Hahn's sons. Close enough to the situation to be aware of some of the details, smart enough to make sure that the initials and follows are semi-subtle as to not be obvious to everyone right away.

I highly doubt Hahn is sharing trade details with his sons.  Way too much risk in today's day and age. 

Just now, Roughneck said:

Seems like an appropriate amount of planning for the most important free agent acquisition in franchise history. 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres