Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

People made a big deal about Trubisky being announced a Bear while Mike Glennon was doing a team event. I feel there's a little shade of that with this, where Tim A. would be there and it'd put a lot of mics in his face and make it uncomfortable

Tim will be 2019 ss but in a year's time thereafter, one doesn't likely see Madrigal, Yoan, Manny out of that IF, and Manny is the only ss.  Meanwhile OF is also stocked for 2020, in theory

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

marginal tax, but yeah not something that will happen with this congress

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's 70 percent top tax rate makes sense - Vox

Income tax rates were 90 percent under Eisenhower, Sanders says ...

Yes they are talking marginal rates like over ten million.  Again, not trying to be political and not saying good or bad, but as an agent if I could construct a contract to protect my client from something like this I should look into it shouldn't I?  It might take a couple years but this is what some want.  I would try to protect my client from as many scenarios as I could.

Just now, Orlando said:

Now is when we will find out if the Sox push to sign Machado was real. They had to go in knowing what it would cost. Put up or shut up. I'm grateful for a new team, this will end soon.

yeah. That is why I think this is Lozano trying to push the last offer out of Philly and Chicago. It actually would be good if Padres put in an offer as well. Will really move the urgency of this. 

3 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

Lozano spreads this on SoxFest day to put egg on Jerry's face and try to pry another bump in pay out of him

Idk if this is just a ploy or what, but this has to have stressed out Jerry and co. I'd be terrified they're going to get caught with their pants down this weekend.

Edited by mqr

3 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

Lozano spreads this on SoxFest day to put egg on Jerry's face and try to pry another bump in pay out of him

Good call. It's funny that the "mystery team" is unmasked on Soxfest day. Now all the questions are going to be about how they let another team in.

5 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Better farm system, better gm, a team that’s knowingly willing to spend. They are more desirable than the Sox imo. 

Better farm system? Debatable.

Better GM? Debatable.

Willing to spend? Spending 219 million on Shields and Hosmer was a good idea? Alright...

Edited by Whitesox27

Jerry would be more stressed by NYY or LAD being very involved on this. Today's news is the same as when we heard there's a mystery team. And when we intuited (intelligently!) that several teams want one of the best players in the game, not just Chicago. 

Today's news doesn't matter if we still are the team with the money 

Just now, Princess Dye said:

Jerry would be more stressed by NYY or LAD being very involved on this. Today's news is the same as when we heard there's a mystery team. And when we intuited (intelligently!) that several teams want one of the best players in the game, not just Chicago. 

Today's news doesn't matter if we still are the team with the money 

It's all BS anyway. There is a guy on twitter who has already said Manny and Pederson are done deals. People are scratching their heads trying to figure out how he knew. 

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres