Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

We had a bunch of ominous insider talk yesterday on twitter and even here and now silence. Tired of vagueness.

No shit. Time to shut out all the fringe "reporters/insiders" who get lame crumbs but aren't trusted enough to get real news. Vague reports are a sign of lack of confidence in their "scoops"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

THAT low?

Come on - even $175 million would be tied for the 22nd largest contract in sports history. 

Anything north of $217 million is top ten. 

I don’t think your auction league analogy is a particularly good one, because no matter what is going on, this is going to be one of the two biggest sports contracts of 2019 and one of the biggest ever. 

I don’t buy it. The Padres are not just going to suddenly wake up with $175 million to throw at a player because it’s “that low”

26 year old player that’s already amassed ~30WAR and can play SS, plus with how the dollar is inflated over time and the fact there is more money in the game than ever before, and you think 22nd largest contract ever should be giving teams pause?

If this thing doesn’t end up in the top five, something is weird. 

...and my analogy was great! You get out of town Greg Hibbard!

Edited by Eminor3rd

On 1/25/2019 at 3:38 PM, mqr said:

They make money off actual Cubs games. They want as many people as possible interested in tuning into cubs games. Hell, they have gone as far as trying to convince Sox fans to root for the Cubs. They certainly don't have an obligation,  legal or moral, to behave otherwise.

If that bothers you, stop listening. They don't owe you anything.

Being that I live in Idaho I don't listen and as I stated legally they do have an obligation according to the FCC to serve the public and be as fair as possible. By the way nowhere in the rules and regulations of the FCC does it say that a station has the right to make money, it does state the obligations that I've mentioned.

But logically if you run your station well, hire talented people and serve the public the thinking is that you'll make money hand over foot.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sox fans: This franchise is awful. No one should show up, ever. JR is robbing us. Remember the failure of 1977?

Also Sox fans: Why do the Cubs have 2 inches more coverage in the Cubune? Think of all of the fans this will cost us! It's not fair!

Soxtalk Board Admin:  All Sox fans stink!  I’m the only one who gets it!  Winning isn’t important!  

• Haha 1

Just now, Fan O'Faust said:

Nah, just pointing out yet another irrational rant of yours re: Sox fans.  Would be nice if you’d stop bashing them all the time   

It would be nice if you could not throw temper tantrums, hold grudges, and still act like you enjoy this, but I am not about to hold my breath. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres