Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

You know you slipped up when your overly-negative clickbait article gets roasted by Mr. Negative himself

Gregor clearly has someone in the Sox org that has told them they won’t go to 30 million per.  We will see if he’s been lied to or not, but he’s pretty obviously not just making this up.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Gregor clearly has someone in the Sox org that has told them they won’t go to 30 million per.  We will see if he’s been lied to or not, but he’s pretty obviously not just making this up.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but has Gregor ever scooped anything?

5 hours ago, The Beast said:

And Danny Parkins thinks it’s okay for them to miss out on Machado and Harper since it bodes well for them to be at the table in the future. I’m not sure if it works that way or how it benefits the Sox.

That’s crazy talk. Your never going to have another year where the 4 big boys are out on 2 of the best young free agents . NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. CUBS. DODGERES,YANKEES AND RED SOX ALL WILL NEVER SIT OUT ALL AT ONCE EVER AGAIN. Now is our moment. Hope we take advantage of what has been laid out on the table for us. We shall see.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Have they even had a meeting yet? Doubt a mystery team would all of a sudden be uncovered and they're suddenly getting him in this long processs

That's just it, we have just found out that they are the mystery team. But they may have been a part of this process for weeks now. Supposedly may have put the "high" bid in a week ago.

They're just new to us.

5 hours ago, fathom said:

What scares me about this is that rumor a couple of weeks back where the Sox FO is split on the value of Manny. Kenny thinks he is more valuable - Jerry doesn't.  Now Jerry is negotiating. 

I believe it came from one of those posters who claimed they had a "sauce."

5 hours ago, SoxSteve said:

That’s crazy talk. Your never going to have another year where the 4 big boys are out on 2 of the best young free agents . NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. CUBS. DODGERES,YANKEES AND RED SOX ALL WILL NEVER SIT OUT ALL AT ONCE EVER AGAIN. Now is our moment. Hope we take advantage of what has been laid out on the table for us. We shall see.

This is spot on.  If someone is 10/350 then you walk away.....the big 4 and Angels are out.....teams will throw numbers in and the Sox need to be prepared to beat it.These guys are 26 years old.  With the way things are playing out now with super 2 and suppressing guys in the minors, this is not happening again in this rebuild.

The timing to close this deal is this offseason.

The longer you let teams think about it the more I think a team may go nuts.  I had not felt this way but it doesn't seem to be ending.

NJ.com: MLB rumors: White Sox in lead for Manny Machado; Yankees 'are not out'; Braves 'in contact'; Padres 'chasing' (UPDATE).
https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/01/mlb-rumors-another-sign-manny-machado-could-choose-white-sox-over-yankees-phillies.html

According to this article, the Yankees are still in on Machado while the Sox are still the favorite. 

Edited by ItsCalledComiskey

6 hours ago, SoxSteve said:

I agree. There won't be another chance like this. The Sox can't lose this fight.

What Is interesting to me the most at this point now is the Phillies plan. Will they put a Machado offer in at all? Because if they don't, and it's Sox vs Padres...Padres will be the team needing a decently higher bid. Taxes are much higher, he'd be further from Miami and he said he didn't enjoy the west coast. Plus his buds being on Sox is a plus. If Philly isn't bidding to stay on Harper we still have a great chance....I put Padres at 8/270 tops. We beat that.

2 hours ago, smellysox said:

That's just it, we have just found out that they are the mystery team. But they may have been a part of this process for weeks now. Supposedly may have put the "high" bid in a week ago.

They're just new to us.

There’s been a rumor for two weeks now that Manny visited the mystery team

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres