Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

19 hours ago, smellysox said:

So did we ever find out what the eyeballs were for that chili and WSD posted Thursday night? I know it's not Manny related and nothing happened at Soxfest, obviously. Just wondering. 

Not from what I can tell. I think wsd was drunk and Chili’s source had something that was just fluid.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Not from what I can tell. I think wsd was drunk and Chili’s source had something that was just fluid.

And raBBit?

Seems pretty clear that something was in the works. It either fell through, or it will get announced in the next couple of days. My guess is that the Joc trade is announced by the end of the day on Wednesday. 

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

And raBBit?

Seems pretty clear that something was in the works. It either fell through, or it will get announced in the next couple of days. My guess is that the Joc trade is announced by the end of the day on Wednesday. 

Does a Joc trade make sense if Machado doesn’t sign? I guess we have to see how  the roster shapes up first.

59 minutes ago, Saufley said:

So I read on MLB.com that SD wants to meet with Machado possibly in Miami. They want some face time to determine what their interest will be. If this was posted earlier, sorry. This truly could go on  for weeks and weeks and weeks!!

This might be a good thing as Lazano now has a team to use as leverage against the Sox in the final stages of negotiations. A deal will get done soon in the next two weeks, that’s my prediction.

Without violating the CBA rules, how difficult is it for the front office to verify a claim that some team has made an offer? Please don't  tell me that Lozano can simply make up a story that the Padres have made an offer. There must be rules governing what the agents are allowed to do, as well as what ownership may do.

Edited by Lillian

30 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I don't think Sox fans could be blamed if they "lost their minds" or got pissed if we don't sign Machado. Sox did this to themselves if we strike out. All this hype from the Sox implies to me at least that they were serious and would NOT be outbid. If they have trolled us and strike out, how else would we be expected to react?

Edited by xSouthsider2
  • Like 1

FO’s are almost always extremely self aware and totally understand that manipulating the fans expectations are very important. If Hahn had a shadow of doubt that it would get done I would think he would have been smart enough to never give an inkling of real confidence that it would eventually get done.

He had a few moments in the past couple days that he did seem all to cocky about it. He knows that the slightest hint can lead the fan base to have high expectations. If they don’t sign him Hahn really messed this up even worse than what it had to be. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres