Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Just reacting to what Hahn said. He had some very disappointing quotes. It's not doom and gloom because we are irrational, it's doom and gloom because Hahn is on a radio show talking like a wimp 

What is he supposed to say? If we dont get manny, this offseason was a disaster? Is he supposed to continually let Lozano know that they need to acquire him no matter what?

These are negotiations. By all accounts and purposes, the White Sox are the favorite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Hahn said that there are other players they are talking too that would make us better. That sure sounds like free agency. Who the heck could that possibly be? Marwin? Moustakas?

Those 3 or 4 moves he was talking about over the weekend I really feel is contingent on Manny.  Free agency and trades. No Manny - no moves.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

A lot of what Hahn has said this past week sounds like he's preparing fans for disappointment. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I never thought that either player was remotely interested in signing here. 

And I said that Saturday and got blasted..  Hahn knows he's out.... Whatever...  But don't tell me you'll be at it next year cause it will be the same story.   Sox are ran like a 1970s team... I love the sox. But I can live without them. At this point in life its just a game played by lil b****es wanting a shit load of money

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's Rick Hahn.  Honestly I would panic if he showed rational emotion, not gave everyone the company line.  He probably doesn't believe 90% of the company lines he gives the public.

Which is also why it was strange to hear the cockiness he displayed this weekend.

7 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Those 3 or 4 moves he was talking about over the weekend I really feel is contingent on Manny.  Free agency and trades. No Manny - no moves.

I think this is a great take, but true whether they get him or not.  If they DON'T get Manny, they will make 3-4 moves.  They will spend to get a 3B, SP, and maybe a CF.  If they sign Manny, they make 2-3 more moves (SP, CF, +).  Either way, they still need a SP...how much money they have to fill that spot will determine whether they shell it out to Manny.  Same thing with CF. 

6 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

And I said that Saturday and got blasted..  Hahn knows he's out.... Whatever...  But don't tell me you'll be at it next year cause it will be the same story.   Sox are ran like a 1970s team... I love the sox. But I can live without them. At this point in life its just a game played by lil b****es wanting a shit load of money

Lol its amazing how irrational people are. Take a step back pal.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

The apology tour is happening for a reason. I would assume Yanks or Phillies. 

If 2010 had taught us anything about Steve’s predictions then Machado is signing with the White Sox 😄

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

6 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Relax man, the sun will still come up tomorrow morning.

31 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

A lot of what Hahn has said this past week sounds like he's preparing fans for disappointment. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I never thought that either player was remotely interested in signing here. 

I beg to differ everything I have heard him say seems like they are signing him.  

Why is it that dragging on is bad for the Sox but it is assuring the Phillies that they will get Harper no questions asked?

And all of a sudden the padres are all in for Machado and are going to blow the Sox offer out of the water.

The Phillies and White Sox have their offers out there.  The agents are hoping somebody gets stupid and helps out the cubs or other team that can shed money.

This has been the story for the last six weeks and isn't changing until they sign.  

6 minutes ago, FT35 said:

I think this is a great take, but true whether they get him or not.  If they DON'T get Manny, they will make 3-4 moves.  They will spend to get a 3B, SP, and maybe a CF.  If they sign Manny, they make 2-3 more moves (SP, CF, +).  Either way, they still need a SP...how much money they have to fill that spot will determine whether they shell it out to Manny.  Same thing with CF. 

The way Hahn was talking it seems like they really believe in their scouts RE: Banuelos. If they do add a SP, I don't think it is going to be someone like Gio Gonzalez, but more of a dumpster dive acquisition. I also think they're more likely to address SP via trade than anything, and they'll acquire someone with good stuff and minimal results to compete with Banuelos and Covey. May the best man win. If they sign a FA it will probably be Tillman or someone of that ilk. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Steve9347 said:

History and Money are two reasons people can't/shouldn't accept that.

I would agree with you but history also states that the Yankees would not be playing these games and he would have been signed by now.

They have also invested heavily in their bullpen and other middle infielders.

If the tax wasn't impacting decisions the Red Sox/Yankees would have Manny at third and the Nationals, Dodgers or cubs would be all in on Harper.  

Maybe I am wrong but history seems to be changing each off-season and not in the players favor and maybe the sun is shining on a dog's ass for us White Sox fans.

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres