Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

7 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Gee I don't know. Referring to Harper and JD Drew like they are the exact same situation would definitely make that idea come into minds.

I dont recall saying that at all. I recall mentioning that their AGENT (who is the same) has had his players wait extreme amount of times to sign contracts. I used JD Drew as the most extreme, but I dont ever recall saying that the situations were similar.

Maybe Im missing something?

6 minutes ago, shipps said:

I think because you mentioned him in the context of Manny and Boras who fit that criteria. 

I mentioned it comparing Boras and Lozano. Boras has historically had clients sit for extreme lengths, Lozano does not have a similar reputation.

(edit)

I dont know how anyone could be confused, JD Drew sitting out after being drafted is a pretty famous event for Boras. On a message board like this, I just presumed that everyone knew it was the draft. My mistake for giving people credit that in a post talking about Boras, people would have heard of one of his most famous negotiations. 

Edited by Soxbadger

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What they're in with, it seems like it's at least respectable enough for them to get into the conversation, and they certainly were not there in late December when he did his tour, so if he had signed then - the Padres would not have joined in.

First off, I think we'd all agree that it's strange the Padres decided they wanted Machado the last week of January. So, do they actually want him? Because it seems more likely that Lozano is using them as a bluff to drive up the Sox and Phillies. Were there any reports of Machado meeting with the Padres? If he sat through 5+ hour meetings with the Sox, Phils and Yankees, why would we take SD as a serious threat if he hasn't met with them?

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I just wish we could turn this site back into Soxtalk.com instead of Machadotalk.com

We all need to quit wasting time discussing this until he signs, whether here or elsewhere. 

We've all beaten this this dead horse to its skeleton. There is nothing left to discuss until the dude makes a decision. 

This thread has gone on AT LEAST 10 different tangents. 

If you have a new topic, please feel free to share.

28 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

He was drafted by the Phillies in 1996. He refused to sign. He then was drafted by the Cardinals in 1997. 

I dont recall ever mentioning that JD Drew sat out in the middle of his career. So not sure where you would get that...

If he played Indy ball, he didn't sit out a whole year either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If he played Indy ball, he didn't sit out a whole year either.

People are really missing the point of the post. It was about why Lozano and Boras historically have been different at negotiators, and why its hard to compare the negotiation of Harper/Machado. If people disagree with that fine, but Boras had JD sit out an entire season. Again, I could have said "MLB" but I presumed most people on this message board would understand the reference.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pal said:

Didn't pay much attention to him until this offseason. Wanted to believe he knew things, but looking like a clown. Possibly a D-bag clown at that. 👀

WSD has proven to be 100% legit with his sources. He has scooped numerous White Sox transactions the last couple years. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pal said:

Didn't pay much attention to him until this offseason. Wanted to believe he knew things, but looking like a clown. Possibly a D-bag clown at that. 👀

You're wrong, he is well connected.  Not sure how many times rabbit has to tell everyone. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nokona said:

You're wrong, he is well connected.  Not sure how many times rabbit has to tell everyone. 

I get that and I don’t doubt it..it would just be cool if we didn’t get eyeballs with no explanation at all that just sit out there for days, and then radio silence.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres