Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

He isn't obligated to explain anything. 

I understand that, but then why post them at all, I guess? Not trying to be argumentative it’s just that especially as wound up as some of the fan base is, it’s frustrating especially given that he has to know that will get a reaction. 

7 minutes ago, AJ123 said:

I get that and I don’t doubt it..it would just be cool if we didn’t get eyeballs with no explanation at all that just sit out there for days, and then radio silence.

I think the whole eyeball thing comes from breaking story with full details that other people are not supposed to know. I'm sure he got in trouble for going into details and was asked to tone it down. 

Edited by EL1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

They're also not naive enough to believe that they can post something vague without an army of people jumping to the conclusion that something is about to happen...so when one of them posts open eyeballs or the other one says "They get things done on wednesday", they know how that's going to read.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

And they don't need to risk losing their sources.  These guys have connections and share as much as they are comfortable with.  Share too much, and they could lose that source.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They're also not naive enough to believe that they can post something vague without an army of people jumping to the conclusion that something is about to happen...so when one of them posts open eyeballs or the other one says "They get things done on wednesday", they know how that's going to read.

And that's ok..... People can read things however they'd like. People questioning their sources are a little absurd at this point given they both have solid track records. 

Edited by Stealth G.O.A.T.
  • Like 1

What's annoying is when the eyeballs are posted, clearly indicating the/they are not going to share info over Twitter, only for every person who comments on it to ask exactly what it is about, guess which player(s) it involves, etc. like he is suddenly going to confirm it just because they asked.

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

And they don't need to risk losing their sources.  These guys have connections and share as much as they are comfortable with.  Share too much, and they could lose that source.

EXACTLY.

If they share something, even if it's something as small as 👀, it's legit. Maybe something holds it up. Maybe it falls apart. Maybe it happens. Regardless, people should just be happy to get some info. Especially given how this offseason has been where solid info is concerned. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, EL1 said:

I think the whole eyeball thing comes from breaking story with full details that other people are not supposed to know. I'm sure he got in trouble for going into details and was asked to tone it down. 

Pretty sure he almost blew up the Shields trade. Shame really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

WSD has proven to be 100% legit with his sources. He has scooped numerous White Sox transactions the last couple years. 

The problem is posting x and x.  Or hinting at big things coming down on x date.  

He tries to get eyeballs too much.  There is such a thing as leaking legit info not speculative info.  

Unless his source says the sox just signed Manny or are making an announcement soon, they are most likely just speculating on things.  He seems to go out of his way at times to post those speculations bc they gain the most eyeballs, despite knowing they are most likely untrue.

I have a problem with this, making posts for eyeballs alone is what turns a lot of people away from him and garners most of his ridicule 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

EXACTLY.

If they share something, even if it's something as small as 👀, it's legit. Maybe something holds it up. Maybe it falls apart. Maybe it happens. Regardless, people should just be happy to get some info. Especially given how this offseason has been where solid info is concerned. 

But it's not legit, it's his source speculating on things.  Unless his sorce his Jerry, Hahn, or KW his source is as good as the janitor that cleans Hahn's office 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moncada said:

But it's not legit, it's his source speculating on things.  Unless his sorce his Jerry, Hahn, or KW his source is as good as the janitor that cleans Hahn's office 

If you knew the info Dave knows today, and hasn’t made a peep about, you’d likely sing a different tune.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, iamshack said:

If you knew the info Dave knows today, and hasn’t made a peep about, you’d likely sing a different tune.

3 minutes ago, iamshack said:

If he hasn’t said a peep about it, how would you know what he knows?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

People are really missing the point of the post. It was about why Lozano and Boras historically have been different at negotiators, and why its hard to compare the negotiation of Harper/Machado. If people disagree with that fine, but Boras had JD sit out an entire season. Again, I could have said "MLB" but I presumed most people on this message board would understand the reference.

It wasn't an MLB season though.  He wasn't being recalled directly to the majors.  He missed parts of two MiLB seasons, sort of, as he did play independent ball instead. He held his player out and didn't sign right away, but he didn't sit out an entire season.  Again, that is why people are confused.

1 minute ago, iamshack said:

No reason to get you guys riled up. We’ll just let Passan tell you when the time comes. 

if he didn't make a peep how do you know?!?! we've got a conspiracy here!

EDIT: and I have seen your other response. I will quit with my sarcastic responses now.

Edited by Kiebs13
addition
  • Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres