Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

No wonder we have so many new insiders. They all get information they cannot share, and then if the team makes a move, that’s what they knew all along. So far, except for chili’s Herrera note, all the insiders on this board are 0 fer this winter.

Go look back at the thread and see who named Herrera first...

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If he hasn’t said a peep about it, how would you know what he knows?

Because Shack likely means "made a peep.... publicly". The people who are insiders around here tend to share info privately but don't necessarily post what they know on here or Twitter because it's speculation, and publicly speculating when you've been known to have info in the past can get sticky when people take it as gospel. 

There is plenty of stuff that myself and others (mostly others) know about, but can't/won't talk about out loud. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Because Shack likely means "made a peep.... publicly". The people who are insiders around here tend to share info privately but don't necessarily post what they know on here or Twitter because it's speculation, and publicly speculating when you've been known to have info in the past can get sticky when people take it as gospel. 

There is plenty of stuff that myself and others (mostly others) know about, but can't/won't talk about out loud. 

New idea. All of the "insiders" should create a shared account on here to share rumors so it can't be traced back to anyone. Everybody wins lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

What is the point of anyone saying they're an insider or have sources or post eyeballs if they don't tell anyone what they know? Is it purely to brag? I genuinely don't get it.

You can't possibly expect insiders to post everything they know, do you?

Now giving no info at all, like Dave did, is a bit annoying, but you can't expect him to give a full down of all the details. But some hints/clues/leads would be appreciated.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Moncada said:

The problem is posting x and x.  Or hinting at big things coming down on x date.  

He tries to get eyeballs too much.  There is such a thing as leaking legit info not speculative info.  

Unless his source says the sox just signed Manny or are making an announcement soon, they are most likely just speculating on things.  He seems to go out of his way at times to post those speculations bc they gain the most eyeballs, despite knowing they are most likely untrue.

I have a problem with this, making posts for eyeballs alone is what turns a lot of people away from him and garners most of his ridicule 

Look, even ignoring Dave's eyeballs thing, we had several people confirm his eyeballs on Thursday night. Something was going down and looked to be done. Rabbit seemed to confirm the report that we were getting Joc, then nothing happened. Clearly, there was *something* which fell apart or got delayed for some reason.

8 minutes ago, iamshack said:

Ever think that maybe people get info at the same time? 

Technology these days...

Confirmed: Shack and WSD are in a group text with Hahn.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

this ja kinda the point I was getting at 

4 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

What is the point of anyone saying they're an insider or have sources or post eyeballs if they don't tell anyone what they know? Is it purely to brag? I genuinely don't get it.

For 👀

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Now giving no info at all, like Dave did, is a bit annoying, but you can't expect him to give a full down of all the details. But some hints/clues/leads would be appreciated.

Can you explain yet your comments about wanting to get to Sox fest? Were they closing on a big trade or signing at the time? Because there were others hinting towards big news there.

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Well no, but it ticks me off when people boast about having inside information only to go off the grid when someone asks what they know. To me, there's no point of someone sharing that they know something if they aren't willing to elaborate at all. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

So you know you have the same source as WSD and you know that your source told WSD and yourself meaning that you know you have the same news, you know?

Just to clear this up...Dave has sources all over the place...I am not privy to anywhere near the stuff he hears.

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres