Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Well no, but it ticks me off when people boast about having inside information only to go off the grid when someone asks what they know. To me, there's no point of someone sharing that they know something if they aren't willing to elaborate at all. 

Maybe, but message boards are just mental masturbation, anyway. We're not solving problems here. The Sox are involved in a lot of talks with free agents and trade discussions which never happen. Ignoring that they would burn their source, if insiders posted every detail they got, they would get piled on because like 99% of the things the team discusses don't end up going anywhere. Even deals which were close end up falling apart. So you'd have people throwing barbs at them "Hey, whatever happened to the Sox signing Ottovino?" like 4 years later.

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Well no, but it ticks me off when people boast about having inside information only to go off the grid when someone asks what they know. To me, there's no point of someone sharing that they know something if they aren't willing to elaborate at all. 

Agree 100%. I understand people can't always share what they know since they run the risk of losing their source. But to come in here like they know something but can't say is attention whoring and nothing more. Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, just that we've seen this before in the past.  

• Like 1

WSD also has gone on record saying he doesn't want to break news prematurely incase it negatively affects the team. I think we all would agree we'd rather the Sox get the deal done than jeopardize it simply to be the person to break it first. If he drops 👀 it usually is a good idea to pay attention. Same goes with any of the other posters here that get scoop and post cryptically. I'd rather have the excitement of trying to anticipate a potential move or signing than sit in the dark. The offseason is boring enough, at least Thursday gave us some excitement and sparked some good conversation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Agree 100%. I understand people can't always share what they know since they run the risk of losing their source. But to come in here like they know something but can't say is attention whoring and nothing more. Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, just that we've seen this before in the past.  

That’s right. If you cannot share it, then don’t imply you know something. If your source doesn’t want anyone else to know then don’t say a peep. That includes eyeballs, and other hints you know something is up.

• Like 2

I am not an insider I’m just a Sox news fiend that talks to a lot of people. And I’ve been on this forum for like 13 years and like to read and participate like anyone else. 

So now I am faced with the conundrum of wanting to participate honestly, given things I know to be true or not at all and watch you guys all trip over stuff that is nonsense.

Thats really the only reason I sort of vaguely refer to things I’ve heard.  

Not because I want to brag.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

That’s right. If you cannot share it, then don’t imply you know something. If your source doesn’t want anyone else to know then don’t say a peep. That includes eyeballs, and other hints you know something is up.

Just now, EvilJester99 said:

Why put any info out at all.. all it does it get people pissing and moaning if it doesn’t happen right away. I wouldn’t say a word if I had connections. 

But how am I going to get likes, followers and people to listen to my podcast?

Thats why when I post, you get my no sauces guarantee. I have a day job, and part of my job is keeping secrets. 

2 minutes ago, iamshack said:

I am not an insider I’m just a Sox news fiend that talks to a lot of people. And I’ve been on this forum for like 13 years and like to read and participate like anyone else. 

So now I am faced with the conundrum of wanting to participate honestly, given things I know to be true or not at all and watch you guys all trip over stuff that is nonsense.

I agree with this. I actually think you go out of your way to not draw attention to your posts. And due to that, Ive gone out of my way not to quote you or implicate that you may know things.

Edited by Soxbadger

2 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Why put any info out at all.. all it does it get people pissing and moaning if it doesn’t happen right away. I wouldn’t say a word if I had connections. 

Especially now. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks. It almost a certainty the White Sow will make at least a couple moves before then. If they do, remember to give me credit.

1 minute ago, iamshack said:

I agree with you 100%. I wouldnt bother sharing anything, your going to be ridiculed if you say it and if you dont say it. Anyone on here that does share, it should be taken with a grain of salt and spark educated baseball conversation.

Its just getting a bit hostile in this thread at times and its because we are craving from a positive tweet from Rosenthal. Anything said is becoming chaotic. 

Keep doing you

9 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Maybe, but message boards are just mental masturbation, anyway. We're not solving problems here. The Sox are involved in a lot of talks with free agents and trade discussions which never happen. Ignoring that they would burn their source, if insiders posted every detail they got, they would get piled on because like 99% of the things the team discusses don't end up going anywhere. Even deals which were close end up falling apart. So you'd have people throwing barbs at them "Hey, whatever happened to the Sox signing Ottovino?" like 4 years later.

I don't think anyone is asking for these insiders to post every minuscule tidbit of what they know. It's more of the fact that these people make it very clear that they have "insider sources" but refuse to share any of that information when people ask them for details. It just comes off as a grab for attention, at least to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yep better off keeping it hushed until the news actually breaks. Too many Eric Forman secret squirrels lurking around the interwebs these days.

15 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Reading too much into this because it's the soxtalk  way.. I would say you have sources and have kept quiet. Well done dude! 😛

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Just as a little side note from the last few pages....I like what the Reds are doing. Pretty much what I wanted us to do this offseason as a alternate to Plan A which was do nothing. 

I think they're doing the opposite of what I want the Sox to do. I think they're in that 75-80 win no-man's land the Sox were for years before they decided to trade Sale and Quintana.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, almagest said:

I think they're doing the opposite of what I want the Sox to do. I think they're in that 75-80 win no-man's land the Sox were for years before they decided to trade Sale and Quintana.

Right now they are. But they have the prospects to amp up their team pretty easily. 

14 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

I agree with you 100%. I wouldnt bother sharing anything, your going to be ridiculed if you say it and if you dont say it. Anyone on here that does share, it should be taken with a grain of salt and spark educated baseball conversation.

Its just getting a bit hostile in this thread at times and its because we are craving from a positive tweet from Rosenthal. Anything said is becoming chaotic. 

Keep doing you

Lol Didn’t you make your triumphant entrance to this board by saying you had inside info?

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Right now they are. But they have the prospects to amp up their team pretty easily. 

They traded good prospects for a bunch of one year rentals and they're in the best division in baseball.  I'm not sure what there is to like... That organization is in dissarray

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Whether it’s your friend or your sibling or your spouse or whatever, one of the most annoying things is when someone says they know something but they cannot tell you what it is. 

Well.. sometimes it isn't the best to say what you THINK you know since you could be wrong...

I mean I think we all learned from the Wheel of Fortune, South Park episode...... 

Just now, cjgalloway said:

They traded good prospects for a bunch of one year rentals and they're in the best division in baseball.  I'm not sure what there is to like... That organization is in dissarray

It doesn't matter about trading good prospects for rentals. When you have lots of good prospects like the ones you traded it gets easier to make that move. 

I like that they just go out and make the deals without screwing around. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

Yeah I think they're a few years early on trading prospects en masse like this and I don't understand why they're doing it. A Realmuto move for them now just wouldn't make any sense.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres