Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, fathom said:

Anderson promotion, Yanks being out on Manny

That's really not a scoop that's just something we've heard since the start, that they weren't enthused about spending big money on him and that his WS/comments didn't help with that org. We heard that back in november. And it still might not be true. 

1 minute ago, IowaPG said:

People will just stop sharing on here if they cant do so peacefully . I joined soxtalk because i liked the community aspect, lets not ruin that over manny machado

I would rather have no info than bad info, and we really haven’t had a lot of solid info on this board this year even with the huge leap in the number of supposed insiders.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

To be fair, have you ever been happy about any move? 

Plenty
Just usually not the ones the crowd likes.
And at this point  my default position on trades for veterans is usually  against, due to the dismal track record of those trades under this FO.

Edited by GreenSox

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think there has been more insider talk this year than all the previous years I was on here combined, and except for when chili said Herrera was coming in, and then signed a couple of days later, none of it panned out. No one scooped the Nova or Alonso or Colome trades. No one scooped the McCann signing.

The best was the guy leaking RH was upset about the leaking and then said decision day was coming two weeks ago.

That was my recollection too.

My opinion is, its fine if people have information or not. The problem is that in the past people were not  here for the likes or their blog. We were just a bunch of White Sox fans who wanted to talk about our team. Some of us played OOTP together, we played Madden, we had softball games, whatever. It was like a group of friends, who had a common interest. 

Now it seems like people are trying to be insiders for the glory. Which is ironic in a way. None of the posters I remember fondly ever broke news or were insiders. I remember them because they had damn good posts and I respected what they had to say. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Anderson promotion, Yanks being out on Manny

FWIW--I still think the Yanks out on Manny is speculation.  They will enter the season rated  behind Boston unless Kimbrel moves on so I think Cashman has another major move to make.  NY media still has a lot of rumors but then again they always do. 

I cant believe we have to go through this everyday with white sox Dave.  I don't understand how dense you guys are. Just because you guys cant put politics out of your life and hate barstool doesn't mean white sox Dave "needs attention" or "doesn't have sources". We might have to make a thread to show every piece of news he's broken to get it across to people. I'm not even a WSD Stan, as I've expressed my displeasures with this offseason. But holy shit some of you guys are dense and annoying

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I cant believe we have to go through this everyday with white sox Dave.  I don't understand how dense you guys are. Just because you guys cant put politics out of your life and hate barstool doesn't mean white sox Dave "needs attention" or "doesn't have sources". We might have to make a thread to show every piece of news he's broken to get it across to people. I'm not even a WSD Stan, as I've expressed my displeasures with this offseason. But holy shit some of you guys are dense and annoying

This is some Yahoo comments section type take here. I promise you that 98% of Soxtalk posters are smart enough to separate these two things.  If you honestly believe that people here aren't I am not sure why you are lowering your genius self to our relative dense levels here at Soxtalk. I am sure there are other options for someone of your superiority. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

Don't let those minor details get in the way of a poster's anti Dave/Brian/Shack rant.....

Not a rant. Posters have the right to question. Dave scooped Tulo to the Yankees way before anyone else. That’s fact but I have asked numerous times what Rabbit has scooped because I want to believe and no one has ever been able to produce anything! 

Edited by Orlando

46 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

White Sox Internet Insider Tea Leaves:

WSD told raBBit that he has info on Machado but due to his new role as "fan liaison" he can't release it.  He insinuates that it is good news.

raBBIt tells iamhack that WSD knows the current Machado situation but can't release the info, but that it is good news.

Iamhack repeatedly tells SoxTalk that we are all idiots for questioning the week old eyeballs of the great WSD.  

Just curious, what have YOU contributed to this board? All I see you is you trolling & trashing people. 

What have you actually contributed to this board outside of acting like this? 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

As dense as I am, WSD and the rest of  barstool job is to get attention.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is some Yahoo comments section type take here. I promise you that 98% of Soxtalk posters are smart enough to separate these two things.  If you honestly believe that people here aren't I am not sure why you are lowering your genius self to our relative dense levels here at Soxtalk. I am sure there are other options for someone of your superiority. 

I dont even know what their politics are, nor do I care to.

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Not a rant. Posters have the right to question. Dave scooped Tulo to the Yankees way before anyone else. That’s fact but I have asked numerous times what Rabbit has scooped because I want to believe and no one has ever been able to produce anything! 

I believe (and someone can correct me) Rabbit posted something about Moncada being called up.

(haha sorry Machado on the brain)

Edited by Soxbadger
  • Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres